[FIXED] Tarzan of the Apes

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
erborroughs

Post by erborroughs »

https://librivox.org/tarzan-of-the-apes/

Turns out there's been a page or so missing from the original Gutenberg since originally published nearly 30 years ago.

The sequence is in the middle of chapter 15, where Jane Porter attempts to mercy kill Esmeralda before killing herself, as they're being attacked by a tiger.

I have let Gutenberg know and they quickly replaced the content (they are so great taking corrections!), so the corrected content can be found there.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/78/78-h/78-h.htm#chap15
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've contacted the reader to see if he is interested - we do only try to read the text as it is so I don't regard it as our error.

Anne
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Thanks Anne.
I checked to see if I still had any of my materials from that book, but it's been too many years.
I just re-read the chapter from the new Gutenberg text and it's pretty exciting - so I do want to make my version right. I'll need to listen to myself and see if I can match the sound of the old audio file reasonably. Actually, my equipment is so much superior to my old set-up that any patch will be painfully obvious, so I should probably redo the whole chapter.

I'm in a recording project for my church right now and will have to turn that out first, though.
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

great Mark - when you are ready :D THe whole chapter is probably quicker than trying to match things I suspect.

Anne
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

OK, Anne, I've uploaded the fixed version to your directory:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/tarzan_of_the_apes_15_burroughs.mp3

Boy! I'm sure glad my equipment no longer makes that whine! But to fit the patch in, I copied the whine and underlaid it in my track.
Can't do much about a voice that 14 years older, though. :?
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Mark, will try to get it added today
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sounded good to me - Its deriving etc and I'll check tomorrow

Anne