Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: noreply@librivox.org

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Glad to know there's now at least a temporary fix in place for the 'General error' situation encountered yesterday. Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

When I first encountered that problem myself yesterday, my first reaction (perhaps not a very thoughtful one) was to follow quite literally the advice posted at the bottom of the error message itself, viz, "Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: noreply@librivox.org"

I fired off my email alerting the board administrator (as I thought) to the problem, only to get a bounce message indicating that noreply@librivox.org is not an address to which one can send an email.

Well yes, obvious, I suppose — but does raise the question why the forum is configured to display this pointless directive. My guess is that the vanilla software requires SOME email address to be configured that will be displayed with such messages, and the board administrators have chosen for some reason to make this an unreachable address.

Might there be some value, though, in configuring a reachable address to be displayed in such situations?

Kind regards,
Peter Dann
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Peter. That is probably an old message that was never updated. It's also the first time I can remember having ever seen it come up during an outage. We upgraded the behind the scenes software recently and are still occasionally finding hiccups as a result. Rest assured one of the admins will always alert our sysadmin pretty quickly when things like this occur. :)
Jo
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Thanks Jo.