[FIXED] Cosmetic mis-reporting of file sizes after completing upload

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have noticed that the file uploading utility appears to mis-report the size of a file after it has been uploaded. I haven't tested this to check whether the problem exists if one uploads only a single file, but it certainly occurs if one uploads multiple files. Today, for example, I uploaded two files. Before I performed the uploads, the upload utility reported their sizes as 10.51 MB and 6.92 MB. After I had completed both uploads (I uploaded each file separately) the utility reported their sizes as 10.25 KB (sic) and 6.76 KB (sic). I have noticed that in general the pattern of the misreporting is that the post-upload file size is given in KB, not MB, and that the numeric value given is generally slightly smaller than what it was for the pre-upload file size.

None of this has any functional impact, so in one sense there's no real need to "fix" it, though it's clearly some kind of minor bug in the file upload utility. I am experiencing this behaviour using Chrome 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64) running on MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

Kinds regards,

Peter Dann
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We are aware of this. :)

It's a bug in the external uploader software that we use, so it's not something we can fix on our end, really.
I've never asked for the size of a recording, but we do need the length of it during cataloging.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Cool! I'll file that under "Stuff I've learned now I've got old." :D
notartom

Post by notartom »

Fixed by InTheDesert, with some adjustments from yours truly.

https://github.com/LibriVox/librivox-catalog/commit/5f197826871c81905281b2ad81dbee3a3acc7556
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Really! How cool! Thanks, gentlemen! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

notartom wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:20 am Fixed by InTheDesert, with some adjustments from yours truly.

https://github.com/LibriVox/librivox-catalog/commit/5f197826871c81905281b2ad81dbee3a3acc7556
Well done! Thank you! :thumbs: :clap: