downloading with Macs

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

How does one download with a Mac ?
Hello

I cannot download recordings and I don't know what I am doing wrong. In particular I want to download Shakespeare sonnets (version 2). When I click on the green download button there is an arrow on a circle at the top with LV which moves for a couple of seconds, then stops. And nothing is downloaded. The help page talks about left click and right click, which doesn't help because I am using a Mac laptop. I hope you can sort this out for me, but in simple language please because I am functionally illiterate when it comes to computers. Thanks a lot.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't answer them with this, but I'm pretty certain if they click on that down arrow at the top, it'll list their recent downloads. They can then click on the item on the list they want (that project's zip).

It would be good to have a step by step from a "real" Mac user. I just play one on TV.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I use a Mac. For some reason when I click on the 'Download' button for any project, it does not seem to work. However, I have found a workaround. If you hold the 'control' button on your Mac keyboard while clicking on the LibriVox 'Download' button, it should show a list of options. The first one for me is 'Open Link in New Tab'. If I select that it downloads just fine. However, that could just be my Chrome settings blocking the download, Tricia's idea may work.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks both - I won't answer till I see if there are other answers just in case there are so I can offer more options.

Anne