FAQ for other languages error

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Hippejulia

Post by Hippejulia »

Hi!

I was trying to read about the copyrights of other languages in in the FAQ but it doesn't take me anywhere. The broken link was here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=695 (see also the language and copyright sections in the FAQ!). And this is what i get when clicking the link: viewforum.php (The forum doesn't exist notification).

Is there any other place where I could read about the copyrights of other languages?

Thank you!
Julia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Wow - those are old pages! I did a quick look, and they seem to still be current information.

I've fixed the link. :)

Another place that discusses copyrights is here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Copyright_and_Public_Domain#Determining_Public_Domain_Status

The language of the work doesn't matter. What matters is your location. If you're in Europe, for example, any texts you want to read for LibriVox must be out of copyright in the USA (where our servers are located) and out of copyright in Europe (author died more than 70 years ago, so 1950 or earlier).

I hope this answers your question. Please ask more if you like! :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine