[FIXEDThe Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Version 6 dramatic reading): Unedited previous material replacing another story

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Jouko

Post by Jouko » October 6th, 2020, 5:44 am

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-dramatic-reading-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/

Hi!
Story 9 (The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb) contains story 8 (The Adventure of the Speckled Band) in unedited form and so story 9 is missing.

With best wishes,
Jouko
Last edited by Jouko on October 6th, 2020, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 6th, 2020, 6:45 am

Thanks for the report! I have private messaged a couple of the people involved.
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » October 6th, 2020, 11:28 pm

Section 9 is certainly the wrong file. I'm going out shortly, but will try to sort out what's happened, this afternoon (about six hours' time).

EDIT: I think I see something of what happened. When Dr Watson's file was PL'd okay, Beth noted "section 9 PL okay", and it looks as if, later, that was taken to mean that the whole of the section was okay. I'm going to have to reconstruct the whole section from the separate readers' files. Assuming that they're still available through the thread, I should be finished by the weekend.

... but I've no idea how the Holmes file came to take the place of the main file.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » October 8th, 2020, 1:12 am

Saved!

Kathrine still had the original file, which had been overwritten somehow by a recording from Chapter Eight. I've listened through Chapter Nine, made two very minor edits (a missing phrase of Dr Watson's, which I was able to copy from an earlier version of the file; and removal of a long pause from Sherlock's speech), and re-uploaded to Kathrine's folder.

Peter

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » October 17th, 2020, 3:04 am

Kathrine found a copy of the missing story, and it's been checked and recatalogued.
Peter