Unable to download any catalog works from archive.org

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Windows 10 (1903) with Chrome - other browsers repeat this issue.

I have been trying to download a couple of Dutch language audio works from the Catalog but, upon accessing archive.org, I simply get told the connection has been reset. I've done this through multiple connections (Mobile broadband, 4G wifi and a fixed ethernet connection at someone else's house) and multiple browsers (Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge) on different devices (including an Android phone, another PC and an iPad) and been given the same results.

Is this an issue Librivox are aware of? If it's just me, then fair enough, but it seems unlikely that across 4 devices, 3 internet connections over different providers, and multiple catalog entries, that I'm the only one experiencing it!

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

J.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Could you give us the URL for something you have tried?

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Can you connect to just plain old www.archive.org ? It might be an Archive thing, period.

Can you download things that aren't LibriVox (texts or other audios)? It would be nice to know if it's only LV stuff or if other stuff is affected.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

This is an example of something I've tried to download - I've also tried to play the individual files, and have been unable to do so, getting the same error about the connection being reset every single time. I have been able to download non-LV files perfectly well. I can connect to archive.org though. Hopefully someone can figure out what's wrong, since it just seems to be when I'm logged into LV that I can't get things.

Example file: http://www.archive.org/download/verzameld_nederlands_001_0905/nederlandsecollectie001_bounty_bdl.mp3

J.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've run out of ideas at the moment, I can play files from that project from the LV catalogue and from the Archive page and download from both. Hopefully, someone else will have an idea.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I have been able to download non-LV files perfectly well. I can connect to archive.org though.
I'm confused by this. You CAN connect to archive.org? (The "though" is throwing me off.)

If you can download non-LV content through archive.org, so that the problem is not with Archive in general but only with the LV files at Archive, then that's weird.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine