[Fixed]Missing chapters in m4b file, extraneous audio

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Hello,

Where would I report a problem with audio books that have already been catalogued?

In particular, this book: https://librivox.org/that-office-boy-by-francis-j-finn/ - I downloaded the .m4b file on my mobile phone, and I believe there are some chapters missing (I noticed chapter 7 seemed to be missing, but I thought maybe I was mistaken; then the story stopped making sense and I checked and found that the file skipped from the end of chapter 14 to the beginning of chapter 16).

I also found a minor problem when listening to this book: https://librivox.org/the-night-operator-by-frank-l-packard/ - Great recording, by the way. The recording was fine, but after the end of one chapter there were some lines repeated over and over (sounded like the reader forgot to delete some "takes" when he submitted the chapter, and the PL must not have noticed that there was more audio after the end of the chapter). I don't have the files any more, but I can try to find the particular chapter where this occurred.

Is there some place to report errata? Or would I need to contact each meta coordinator?
Eduardo
Quomodo autem posset aliquid permanere, nisi tu voluisses?
aut quod a te vocatum non esset conservaretur? -- Wis 11:27
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Best to post these in the "Error" forum to keep things tidy.

I'll move this post over there.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for letting us know. That office boy had 2 chapters without metadata , so they were not included in the M4B - I'll make a new one.
I havent time to listen to all the other , if you want to tell me which chapter, I'll see what I can do.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Night Operator had an error report before:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=66605
Section 5, text proper ends at 43:49. After the 10 seconds of silence, at about 43:59, there's about 55 seconds of extraneous audio, a line from the story, repeated over and over, with mic sounds between. :)
"The Apotheosis of Sammy Durgan Part 1" if that helps. It got fixed in the MP3, but not in the M4B, apparently.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Eduardo,

Thank you for pointing these out. Anne asked me to listen to the m4b's after she recreated them. They played fine for me (the extra audio is gone at the end of chapter 5 and the chapters play in order for the other).

David O
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

dlolso21 wrote:Eduardo,

Thank you for pointing these out. Anne asked me to listen to the m4b's after she recreated them. They played fine for me (the extra audio is gone at the end of chapter 5 and the chapters play in order for the other).

David O
Thank you. It's always a pleasure to contribute, even in such a small way.
Eduardo
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

annise wrote:Thanks for letting us know. That office boy had 2 chapters without metadata , so they were not included in the M4B - I'll make a new one.
I havent time to listen to all the other , if you want to tell me which chapter, I'll see what I can do.

Anne
Thanks for taking care of it!
Eduardo