Uploader problems

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Anyone else having trouble logging into the Uploader today? I'm getting this message:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: https://librivox.org/auth/login

Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

P.S. It's working OK now, but I did have to walk away from the computer for about 15 minutes. Thanks to whoever magically reset it! 8-)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I haven't seen anything about anyone resetting it. It may have just been a gremlin in your lines that worked its way out. :hmm:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

I am still unable to upload a file after several attempts. Notified an admin, but haven't gotten an answer for several hours.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Mark,

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

I just uploaded a file about 10 minutes ago with no problem.
Jo
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:Hi Mark,

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

I just uploaded a file about 10 minutes ago with no problem.

No error message, just no URL link when I select a file to upload. I've tried at least a dozen times. I even tried doing it in Internet Explorer, but no luck. I use the Google browser. Very perplexed as to why I can't get a file to upload.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

I also noticed that all the buttons are there EXCEPT the "Clear" Button. Still no URL appearing at the bottom when upload is finished so I can underline and copy it, and still no response from admin. Is there something I'M doing wrong?
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Mark,

The progress bar, "Start" button, and "Cancel" button next to the file name should disappear and be replaced by a file size and the clear button when the upload completes. When you don't see the "Clear" button are the other 2 buttons still there?

What is the name of the file you are uploading and to what MC folder so we can check to see if it is getting there?

As a Plan B, you can view the upload folder directory to see the file and get the link.

David
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

That would be one of my projects, and yes, Mark's file is getting into the uploader. I've forwarded your Plan 'B' as a workaround for now. :hmm:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

dlolso21 wrote:Mark,

The progress bar, "Start" button, and "Cancel" button next to the file name should disappear and be replaced by a file size and the clear button when the upload completes. When you don't see the "Clear" button are the other 2 buttons still there?

What is the name of the file you are uploading and to what MC folder so we can check to see if it is getting there?

As a Plan B, you can view the upload folder directory to see the file and get the link.

David

Thank you! I found the directory and will be sure to utilize it.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa