[FIXED] Melmoth The Wanderer by Charles Robert Maturin-

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

When downloading sections for listening to this book, I noticed this error:
“Melmoth the Wanderer” https://librivox.org/melmoth-the-wanderer-by-charles-robert-maturin/

Section 5: Chapter 3, Part 3 is actually Section 12: Chapter 5, Part 5. (Notice that the recording time for the two sections is almost the same.)

I was DPL for part of this project and have some of the audio files. Unfortunately, I do not have Chapter 3, Part 3.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll let the MC know - the right file looks like it might still be in her folder (it's a bit bigger and dated 2015 so fingers crossed)

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sarah asked me to fix it so it's on the way.
As you were the dpl I'll explain what I think happened . The reader uploaded 12 as 05 , because it was chapter 5 - this caused the real 05 to be date tagged and replaced by section 12 labelled 05
When the reader said he'd uploaded the file it was just after the outage so it was assumed it had been lost and he uploaded again withthe right section number. you had no reason to check that 05 was correct still , it had been PLOKed 12 months before.
When it has derived I'll post

Anne
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Anne,

Your explanation of the error makes sense. I hope no more problems are found because of the outage. Once the correct chapter is uploaded, I'll be able to continue reading the book. As I was DPL for just part of the book I haven't actually read the whole thing, so some of it is new to me.

Thanks so much for fixing this. :clap:
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚