[FIXED]In the Irish Brigade missing chapter ?

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thank you for your work on providing so many enjoyable and helpful books in audio format!

from info@
Thank you for your work on providing so many enjoyable and helpful books in audio format!
I have enjoyed many books from you guys, but wanted to let you know about a problem/mistaken audio file in the G.A. Henty book A Tale of War in Flanders and Spain.

"10, In Paris Again" is actually a reading, by a different individual, of "12-An Escape from Newgate." Thus no #10 is available and a hole is left in the book and one skips ahead two readings (also over reading 11, which is fine and present)...thus making it for confusing narration. To make it worse, the beginning of "10, In Paris Again" has the right audio front matter, but when he actually begins reading it is clearly "12-An Escape from Newgate" --which can easily be ascertained by listening to the beginning of the reading specifically labelled "12-An Escape from Newgate."

I hope this feedback helps!

Sincerely,
Kevin Dodge
[/quote]
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Confirmed. Probably a mixup between sections/chapters - Section 9 should have been Chapter 7, but the reading is of Chapter 9. So Sections 9 and 11 both contain the same text (of Chapter 9). As far as I can tell, there is no recording of Chapter 7 (which should be Section 9).

So sorry about this!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

As you are BC Perhaps you could ask the reader for the right section. Do you want me to change the project from complete to validation?

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Which reader? The reader for the current Section 9 is no longer around (I tried contacting him a few times regarding PL notes on his section and he never responded). I'm guessing someone else will have to read Chapter 7 - I can do that but it will have to be a few days so unless someone else wants to read it more quickly it might be a good idea to put the project in validation.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry - I misread , thought it was diogenes but she'd read 8,10,11.

Anne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Let me see what I have in my folder. I have not completely cleaned it out yet.

ETA: Never mind, my brain does not work well in the morning. Not something to check in my folder. OK then, we need to have someone new read this chapter, then replace section 9. I think I will put an ad in the orphans thread, asking for a new reader for section 9 (chapter 7), with a very quick turnaround.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Deon agreed to do it for us :D The new file is just waiting for PL.
Rachel

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

SweetPea wrote:Deon agreed to do it for us :D The new file is just waiting for PL.
Great! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

All fixed and replaced in the catalog and archive!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!