[CHECKED] David Copperfield v2: missing text

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

https://librivox.org/david-copperfield-by-charles-dickens-version-2/

Section 51, at about 2:04, the recording skips some of the text. I'm unsure how much.

Section duration on the catalog page is the same as the downloaded section, so I think it's the same in all derivations.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
carteki

Post by carteki »

Amazing reviews in Archive for this recording - none noting the missing passage, but here it is (beginning chapter 51):
and what a good and trusty companion it was to his honest brow and iron-grey hair.

'I took my dear child away last night,' Mr. Peggotty began, as he raised his eyes to ours, 'to my lodging, wheer I have a long time been expecting of her and preparing fur her. It was hours afore she knowed me right; and when she did,
she kneeled down at my feet, and kiender said to me
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Verified (so not just a corrupted download). The way it skips after the beginning of a word sounds like it could have been either an editing mishap or an uploading glitch.

It's been a long time since Tadhg recorded for us, but I'll drop him a PM. He might want to redo that little bit. If he's not able to, I think it would be least disruptive to leave it as it is.
Laurie Anne
carteki

Post by carteki »

Laurie Anne - just noticed that you're on 13000 posts! :clap:
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Ooh, good catch!

If I say anything it'll mess up the number. Oops. :) Now I need to post 30 more times to make it a palindrome. :lol:
Laurie Anne
carteki

Post by carteki »

There is a post in Off-Topic where you can post screenshots of these achievements :)
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Tadhg has looked into this and isn't able to make a seamless edit (different recording setup), so he's elected to leave it as it is.
Laurie Anne