[Fixed] Projects missing from personal readers pages

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Re: One Act Play Collection 009
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60062
Kitty wrote:I have a question...I don't see this project on my personal reader page. The sections assigned to me are listed, but not the project itself on the first page, where all the little CD covers are showing.

Why is that ? :hmm:

Sonia

Well it doesn't appear on mine either and I have checked some other readers on the project and the same goes for them, very unusual I am not sure why that is. Maybe an admin can shed some light on it. I will post a question on the relevant forum.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is missing from our reader pages.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I don't know. My best guess is that it's in as a compilation (as it should be), but the section she's assigned to doesn't have metadata. (It shouldn't, since it's just a part in one of the plays.)

It DOES appear in Reader Section Details.

The fix I come up with, if this is the problem, IMHO causes more problems than it's worth. That is to assign readers to the section that has the play title, and add the metadata. But I don't like this because it'll show on their Reader Section Details page and get confusing (show, for example, a section is "Assigned" or "See PL Notes" when it's not their reading, but the entire play that has that designation).
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It is there for me?

What I do: Go to my reader's page, then "sort by release date", then go to the last page. There it is.

I've checked Kitty's and catrose's reader's pages, it's there as well among the "in progress" projects.

Michele, since you are not a reader or designated DPL - but only the BC/occasional PL - in that particular project, it will not show up on your reader's page at all.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, it's there now. It wasn't there before. :? Apparently it took Availle looking at it to make the system behave. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have the evil eye... :twisted:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Well I don't know what you did but there it is. thanks for clearing that up. Always something new to learn about Librivox. thanks to all
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi