Why are there two different results for language search?

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

... or am I doing something wrong?
When I click the little "advanced search" link in the top right corner of the home page and then try to seaarch for Polish recordings after filling in fields: "status" (complete), "solo/group" (either), "language" (Polish) and click "search"
this is what I see.

As you can see the list seems to additionally include ALL the entries- regardless of the language- in at least some of the collections where a Polish recording was submitted.

In contrast when I go to the "language" field below the "browse the catalogue" header, and then select "Polish" the results seem to be filtered precisely.

This can cause a lot of confusion, both among potential listeners and registered users :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's been like that ever since the new system came in - it's on the list
Browsing language also did give the same type of result but we managed to tweak that without needing paid help . The advanced search result is a pain, and will be fixed sometime when we can, but doesn't really seem to cause a flood of error complaints :D

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK. I need to remember about that whenever I tell them about LV. I always mention the "advanced search" feature. Somehow I still haven't got used to the new browse functions layout introduced with with the revamp.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS