Xmas Carol v. 7 - download only in ITunes...

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Hi guys -

tried to download this (just finished), but only option is iTunes, no normal "download" showing up on my firefox screen.

All the best to everyone always!

Kirsten
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Hello,
I am Eunah Choi.
Unfortunately, I experience the same problem using IE9 on my Windows 7 computer. I tried to download the recently/finished Christmas Carol Version 7, read by Cori Samuel, but nowhere on the catalog page could I find a zip file download link for that audiobook. Moreover, on the Production Details tab, the ZIP file size and the total running time fields were left blank.
I would appreciate if someone could fix this problem.
Thank you so much to Cori Samuel and all the other staff involved for making this free audiobook. I downloaded the 64kbps MP3 Zip file through a link on the archive.org page.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

It was cataloged only yesterday and the Archive page looks as though it is still incomplete (no 128 kbps files). It's possible that this was an uploading glitch that will be solved with a little more time, but I'll alert the cataloging MC.
Laurie Anne
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'm glad you're both keen to hear it, Kirsten and Eunah! I really hope you enjoy it when you listen. *huge grins*
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for telling us. I've set it to derive again at Archive and hope it will be fixed.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I manually entered the zip link, zip file size, and project duration in the DB entry. That should take care of it. :)

Hint: You can always download the files individually; you don't have to use the "Download zip" option. But it IS good that you told us about this. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

CORI , of COURSE I want to hear ANYTHING you've just done!

TRICIA - thanks!

KW
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!