[FIXED] Missing links to audio files

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
tbook

Post by tbook » October 26th, 2013, 11:51 am

I noticed that the catalog doesn't have any links to audio files for this book:

http://librivox.org/zwei-marchen-by-theodor-storm/

I haven't noticed any other similar problems, but if I do, I'll add them to this thread.
Working on iOS and Android apps for LibriVox. You can see the comments from the apps on our web site: LibriVox Audio Books

Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » October 26th, 2013, 1:39 pm

I move this to Error reports and work on it.
Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: It's all fixed now.

tbook

Post by tbook » October 27th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Great! I found one other - probably not the most popular book in the catalog, but http://librivox.org/microphone-showdown-i-wandered-lonely-as-a-cloud-by-william-wordsworth/ is missing files for some (not all) of its chapters. See, for example: M-Audio Pulsar II small condenser mic through a Focusrite Scarlett interface
Working on iOS and Android apps for LibriVox. You can see the comments from the apps on our web site: LibriVox Audio Books

carolb

Post by carolb » October 27th, 2013, 1:48 pm

tbook wrote:Great! I found one other - probably not the most popular book in the catalog, but http://librivox.org/microphone-showdown-i-wandered-lonely-as-a-cloud-by-william-wordsworth/ is missing files for some (not all) of its chapters. See, for example: M-Audio Pulsar II small condenser mic through a Focusrite Scarlett interface
I've just had a quick listen and it's now a question of "Guess the Voice"! The files are all jumbled up :hmm:

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » October 27th, 2013, 3:06 pm

will have a look...

edited to add - why is it always the projects with a gazillion files? :evil: This may take a while.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » October 27th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Update: I'm about halfway through this - may have to finish up later in the week.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

tbook

Post by tbook » October 28th, 2013, 4:30 am

Found one more - all the audio files seem to be missing from: http://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-abridged-version-3-by-lewis-carroll/ At least it's a shorter book, though!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » October 28th, 2013, 10:13 am

tbook wrote:Found one more - all the audio files seem to be missing from: http://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-abridged-version-3-by-lewis-carroll/ At least it's a shorter book, though!
Hey, that was my book. Oh dear! What did I do wrong? (I mean, sure, it's abridged but this is ridiculous) :roll:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Too many people undervalue what they are and overvalue what they are not .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » October 28th, 2013, 1:31 pm

I'll fix it. It was catalogued just at changeover time - I think all the files disappeared down the rabbit hole.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » October 28th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Fixed :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

tbook

Post by tbook » October 28th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Thanks!

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » October 28th, 2013, 6:50 pm

microphone showdown is all back to rights again also. at least I hope so....:)
Jo
My Librivox Solos

carolb

Post by carolb » October 29th, 2013, 1:42 am

Thank you Jo!

Carol