Weird Topic Reply Notification

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I received an e-mail that looked like a normal topic reply notification, for a topic I have commented on (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DERAMOS! :)) but the from e-mail address d.....s@....net (rather than no-reply@l​....x.org like usual) I didn't click on any of the links in it, just in case, but I wondered what was going on and if this is something I should worry about.

Edited by rg to remove Dan's email address.
So little space, so much to say.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

That's Dan (sysadmin) - he is testing new forum software, so it may be connected with that.

Do you mind if I just get rid of that email address from your post, so he doesn't get 'harvested' by our trusty spammers?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
kayray

Post by kayray »

Thanks, I'll let Dan know!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

That's fine, as long as it's not a spammer trying to get me to click fake links I'm happy.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

And now that I am willing to click on the links, I get taken to forum that looks different but has the same posts, except at the end of the Happy Birthday topic there is a test post by kayray that doesn't appear in the thread in this forum.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Haha. ;)

Things is going on...

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
kayray

Post by kayray »

Lucy_k_p wrote:And now that I am willing to click on the links, I get taken to forum that looks different but has the same posts, except at the end of the Happy Birthday topic there is a test post by kayray that doesn't appear in the thread in this forum.
Oh lordy. Sorry about that! Yeah that's the start of the new forum, but without any of our modifications so very much NOT ready for the public!!! Oops :)

(We copied over the forum last night, but now they are separate, so new posts here don't show there and vice versa.)

I've disabled its ability to send out email on topic replies, etc., so this shouldn't happen again!

Just to make sure, I'm going to post in that darn birthday thread again. Lucy, will you let me know if you STILL get notifications?

(teaser: the new software allows you to bookmark threads for future reference!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Once I saw the new forum I suspected it was a WIP, but I thought Dan would appreciate an exact report of what happened.

I didn't get a new notification for the birthday thread, but I don't know if I've viewed it while properly logged in, which is needed to 'reset' the notifications.
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

This is nighthawks. I have been sent a Topic Reply Notification by nomore@librivox.org. It said that no more notifications will be sent until you visit the site. I have visited the site in question and I sent a reply to nomore@librivox.org only to be told that no such address can be found. If this is the case, where do I send my reply too, and what does no more notifications mean.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

nighthawks wrote: July 5th, 2018, 11:11 am This is nighthawks. I have been sent a Topic Reply Notification by nomore@librivox.org. It said that no more notifications will be sent until you visit the site. I have visited the site in question and I sent a reply to nomore@librivox.org only to be told that no such address can be found. If this is the case, where do I send my reply too, and what does no more notifications mean.
If you've subscribed to a thread, you'll get an email from "noreply" (not "nomore") stating that there is a new post in that thread. You will not receive more notifications of posts in that thread topic until you visit that thread while logged in. You don't need to send an email reply anywhere.

To stop such notifications, unsubscribe from the thread(s) or simply do not visit the thread anymore.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine