[DEEMED OK] Little FL Lady URL misspelled on Archive

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

That's annoying isn't it?

I don't know whether we'll be able to fix this easily. Some of us (okay, at least I) have had occasions when uploading projects to Archive.org where the "wrong" project name got associated with the project. I haven't found an easy way to change it.

For the sake of avoiding aggravation, I'd just ignore this. It doesn't really cause any harm, as people hardly ever type in those Archive.org URLs to find projects.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I think this may be fixable, but even if it is, it will be a fair amount of work to rename all the links files on the catalog page if it works. Also as I haven't tried this before, I can't guarantee the result. I'll back up the 128 kbps files first just in case I have to recatalog if this doesn't turn out well. :wink:

Edit - I tried a couple of different ways to change the identifier that I thought might work, but I couldn't change the link. I did however correct the name of the zip file so when someone downloads the zip it will have the correct filename. The archive page shows up in a search for Florida Lady, and as icyjumbo has pointed out, most people access the files from the links on the catalog page anyway so they probably wouldn't even notice the typo in the archive link.
Jo
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

This isn't that big of a deal, I don't want to put anybody out about it. If people can find the book with keywords, that is fine.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page