[OK] Short Story Collection Vol. 39

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Janette520

Post by Janette520 » October 18th, 2009, 9:53 am

I've listened to 2 stories so far ("The Five Boons of Life" by Mark Twain and "A Village Singer" by Mary E. Wilkins), and in each case, the ending of the story has been cut off. Could someone please look at this?

KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon » October 18th, 2009, 10:23 am

Hi Janette,

I was the dedicated proof listener for all of those stories. I downloaded the stories from archive.com again and listened to them. Both stories had the endings on them when I downloaded them. You might want to try downloading them again, there may have been an error when you downloaded them before. It happens. Oh, and both those stories end rather abruptly; if you hear the "End of A Village Singer..." for example, you got the entire file.

Oh, also, I only downloaded the individual files to listen to them. Did you originally download the zip file? or the iTunes? I am currently not somewhere that I can download a file that large without a very long delay. Perhaps those have a problem.

Barry
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » October 18th, 2009, 11:53 am

The times on the LV catalogue page for both those stories are wrong:

The Five Boons of Life by Mark Twain – 00:02:34
This should be 5:30

A Village Singer by Mary E. Wilkins – 00:06:49
This should be 29:17

The times are correct both in the zip file and in the individual download files, but I do wonder if something funny is going on. I cannot see why the Validator should have generated the wrong times for those stories on the catalogue page (which it did, I just checked), when the times of all the other stories are correct.

This is an odd one. :? Does annise know of any oddity in the cataloguing process for this collection?

EDIT: I just looked at the project's history on archive.org and it has quite a history. It looks as if it has been re-derived, so perhaps the poster had downloaded these files before some corrections were made two weeks ago?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 18th, 2009, 2:04 pm

They must have downloaded from Archive - for some reason it derived 3 of the stories incorrectly and I had to re load the files and derive again - I noticed a large number of downloads had occurred while this was happening. I'll check the catalogue out.

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 18th, 2009, 3:27 pm

The Catalogue page times are fixed - if the reader downloads again the 3 stories should be OK :D

Anne