[RESOLVED] Mark Twain books that have corrupted zip files

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
uthpastormatt

Post by uthpastormatt »

All these are the full zip files that are corrupted by Mark Twain:

Roughing It
Innocents Abroad
Life on the Mississippi
Man that Corrupted Hadleyburg and Other Stories, The
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Hi, uthpastormatt.
Sorry you've been having trouble with your downloads, and thanks for letting us know - archive.org which hosts our files can be a bit temperamental and it's just possible you've been unlucky. I'll try downloading these and see if I have the same problem. I'm sure you're aware you can download the individual files as a work-around if the zips are playing up, although obviously it's not quite so convenient.
rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I believe I cataloged ALL of those books and check each and every zip file and they were all fine! I think it must be an archive problem. An interrupted download will cause that to happen. All I can say is try again at a later date.

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Yep, my zipped downloads of Life on the Mississippi and The Man that Corrupted Hadleyburg (randomly picked) are faultless. Looks like you suffered from an archive blip, I'm afraid; nothing we can do about them. :(
Download managers like 'Downthemall' for the Firefox browser make it possible to download the individual chapter files reasonably easily, if you keep having problems with the large zip files.
English is the lingua franca par excellence