[RESOLVED] Little Women

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
SAABQueen7

Post by SAABQueen7 »

http://librivox.org/little-women-by-louisa-may-alcott/
I downloaded the entire book as a zip file, at 547.2 MB.
The following files were corrupted and wouldn't open when I tried to unzip them. Chapters 3, 23, and 26. Is there a way to only download a single file, to replace the ones that wouldn't open?
Thanks
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

if you go to the catalog page, find the chapters you need, then right-click/save as.. then download to a the right folder or your desktop.

are you on mac or pc?
do you use itunes?
SAABQueen7

Post by SAABQueen7 »

Well, I just went to the folder and discovered that even though my zip program said those three files wouldn't open, apparently they did. I just believed the error message and didn't check. Go figure. Sorry for the false alarm.
But it is good to know the procedure for getting single files. Thanks.
Actually, you said right click and save as, but I only had save link as. Is that what you were talking about?
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

SAABQueen7 wrote:Well, I just went to the folder and discovered that even though my zip program said those three files wouldn't open, apparently they did. I just believed the error message and didn't check. Go figure. Sorry for the false alarm.
But it is good to know the procedure for getting single files. Thanks.
Actually, you said right click and save as, but I only had save link as. Is that what you were talking about?
Yes, that's the one!

I'll mark this SOLVED then.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
SAABQueen7

Post by SAABQueen7 »

Thanks. But I do have one more question. What is the reason that I get those error messages during download? It seems to be happening for a few chapters any time I download, yet the file is still ok.