[RESOLVED] Age of Innocence Edith Wharton - bad file

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
MicheleR

Post by MicheleR » August 13th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Chapter 15 of Age of Innocence plays only a few seconds then stops.

Book: Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-age-of-innocence-by-edith-wharton/
Chapter: Chapter 15
Format: mp3 ( theageofinnocence_wharton_chapter15.mp3 )
Download method: Usually I click on it, it opens in my browser (FireFox) in QuickTime. This time it opened, began to play, but played only a few seconds then stopped.
Tried twice, around 4:30pm 8/13/08

MicheleR

AmethystA

Post by AmethystA » August 13th, 2008, 3:03 pm

MichelleR,

Thanks for your error report...I'm wondering if archive.org, where our files are housed, was having problems when you tried to access this file. I've just listened to the first 15 mintues of the file and it played fine. It has completely loaded into the Quicktime player in my Firefox, so hopefully it will work for you today, too. Do try listening to it again and see if it will let you listen to it today. I also downloaded the file and all of it downloaded. These kinds of gremlins rear their ugly heads, and I know it can be rather irritating, especially if you are in the middle of listening to a book. :roll:

If you have more problems with this, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks!

Mary :D
Share a smile with everyone you meet. It costs you nothing, but it's effects may be priceless. It will make you feel better and can shine a little sunshine in someone else's day. Who knows, it may be the only smile they see today.

MicheleR

Post by MicheleR » August 14th, 2008, 5:10 am

Wow, you guys are quick! Thanks -- don't know what the issue was as the smaller-format file loaded fine during that same time. Ah, technology :?