[RESOLVED] Rupert of Hentzau

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » August 5th, 2008, 5:25 am

Hi
Love your site.
There is a problem with the download speed of Rupert of Hentzau , download speed for months has been 45k or less.
Needless to say I don’t want to wait over an hour and a half for it as I am using a “fat pipe” (cable internet) and I just cancel.
Maybe you can contact Internet Archive and give them the heads up.
Thanks for all the great content.
Jim
Last edited by hugh on September 11th, 2008, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » August 26th, 2008, 7:55 am

I'm not sure there's much we can do with this one ... we've downloaded it ourselves to check the files during the cataloguing process, and as long as it comes down in one piece, I'm happy. I can't check on the download speed myself, as my connection is generally not especially speedy, so I'd recommend the emailer contacts the Archive directly (every page there has a "report error" link on it.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

kristin

Post by kristin » September 9th, 2008, 12:39 am

I just tried this one and I'm getting speeds between 180 and 210 and about 20 min to download. So either it's sped up or it just depends what time of day you are downloading. Can we de-stick this now?
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » September 11th, 2008, 5:17 am

thanks!