[RESOLVED] The Daffodil Mystery by Edgar Wallace

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

I am presently listening to, and thoroughly enjoying, The Daffodil Mystery by Edgar Wallace, By mistake instead of Chapter 22 there is a repeat of Chapter 20, even though in the chapter listings it says that it is chapter 22. ( If you examine the "tag" information of the 2 files you will notice that the playing time and size of files 20 and 22 are exactly the same, which is because they are the same)
Hoping it will not be difficult to correct the mistake
Thanking you for all the enjoyment that you are providing us
lezer

Post by lezer »

Links:
http://librivox.org/the-daffodil-mystery-by-edgar-wallace/

http://www.archive.org/details/daffodil_mystery_0802_librivox

I just checked chapter 22 in the 128kbps and the 64kbps version, but it seems to be the correct reading, and different from chapter 20.

In what way did you download it, and at what time?

A curious thing: the sizes in MB mentioned on the LV catalog for the two chapters are indeed the same, but on the archive.org site, the sizes are given different.
That makes me think that perhaps the chapters were already fixed at some earlier date - so please try to download again, and you'll find the correct version of chapter 22!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

lezer wrote: That makes me think that perhaps the chapters were already fixed at some earlier date - so please try to download again, and you'll find the correct version of chapter 22!
You are correct. This was previously reported and fixed, so this listener must have downloaded the files before the file for Ch 22 was replaced.
Jo