[RESOLVED] rookwood by william ainsworth

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
bctruckindude

Post by bctruckindude »

I have tried several times to download and unzip the entire book file of Rookwood. Winzip says it can't open the file. Wish someone could fix it
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Since the book is unusually long (16:57:18 mins), it could be the d/l is stalling and restarted thereby creating a corrupt file. Archive does have problems sometimes dealing with huge files. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to try again or d/l the individual files.

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Sorry to hear you are having problems downloading this book bctruckindude.

I downloaded the zip file of this book a few weeks ago and it was all there, upzipped no problems so I suspect this is a download problem not a problem with the files themselves.

As Esther has suggested, you might try downloading the files individually or a download manager such as DownThemAll plugin for Firefox is often helpful for downloading larger files with less problems since if the download is interrupted, it will start up again where it leaves off.
Jo