[RESOLVED] Short Mystery Story Collection 001

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
khindall

Post by khindall » April 20th, 2008, 6:29 am

Hi, all!

I'm sorry, you must be sick of hearing from me, but I really think this one isn't my fault. I don't see how it could be.

Name of Book: Short Mystery Story Collection 1
-Chapter/Section Number: Entire book
-File format (64kbps mp3, 128 kbps mp3, ogg vorbis): 64 kbps mp3
-How you downloaded the file (individual download, zip download, ftp, podcast download): podcast download (subcribe in iTunes)
-Nature of problem: The chapters seem to be named incorrectly. For instance, when I click on "Scandal in Bohemia", what starts playing is "The Safety Match".
-Time or times-location of problems (if possible): Downloaded last week.

I've downloaded the whole book as a zip, but have not yet had the chance to see if its files are labeled correctly. I'll post again when I have.

Thank you!

K

lezer

Post by lezer » April 20th, 2008, 6:37 am

Hi K,
Not sick at all! But rather very thankful. It's good to have some check on the recordings, there are so many ways in which things can go wrong.
I know nothing about the way the podcasts work etc, so I can't help out here, but I'm sure there'll be others coming along soon to see if they can sort things out!
Anna

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » April 20th, 2008, 6:58 am

hi k do you have a link for the catalog page?

khindall

Post by khindall » April 20th, 2008, 7:05 am

kristin

Post by kristin » April 20th, 2008, 7:36 am

I can confirm that something is seriously scrambled. I downloaded a couple of the 64kb files and checked the id3 tags and they match but in the itunes download the title and what is playing don't match. Bizarre. I also had a look at the file properties in my itunes folder, more strange... The file name is wrong and the title tag is wrong but the author is correct.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]

khindall

Post by khindall » April 20th, 2008, 10:44 am

I haven't had time to check all the chapters (I work Sundays ^_^;;;), but the four I did check from the zip file were all correct.

Thanks for the confirmation on the podcasts, Kristin! I didn't think the problem could be in my set this time, but iTunes is a strange land as yet to me, so I wasn't sure.

K

Edited to turn off smilies!)

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » April 20th, 2008, 11:00 am

yes the RSS feed is all wonky. I'll ask chris/tis to take a look.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » June 3rd, 2008, 8:11 pm

Anybody know if this has been fixed yet?
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman