[RESOLVED] critique of pure reason

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

could someone check? tx.
Book:
- The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant

Chapters:
- 07 - Transcendental Analytic
- 09 - Transcendental Deduction of the pure Conceptions of the Understanding.
(not sure if there are more issues later)

Download / Format (all the same):
- Individual / 64kbps mp3
- Individual / 128kbps mp3
- Zip

Problem:
- Chapters terminated too early (significant parts are missing at the end).
Esky

Post by Esky »

Just checked Ch. 7, and it cut short for me too. It cuts off a little before the beginning of SS. 6. Section III Of the Pure Conceptions of the Understanding, or Categories. The bolded section in the sentence below marks where the recording cuts off.

"The apodeictical proposition cogitates the assertorical as determined by these very laws of the understanding, consequently as affirming a priori, and in this manner it expresses logical necessity.

There should still be a good deal of reading left since the chapter goes through SS. 8.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

thanks esky... ok... we'll need to fix!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Section 7 is you, Hugh :) And 9, if there is a problem, was read by jamestily.

Ticktockman BCed, and Caet MCed, so someone else needs to run with making these fixes.

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4263
http://librivox.org/the-critique-of-pure-reason-by-immanuel-kant/
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

i'll check on 7. i still have it somewhere ;-)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

ok i have 7 on hard drive, and on my server:
http://librivox.hughmcguire.net/critiqueofpurereason/critique_of_pure_reason_07_kant.mp3

i'll check 9 (now) before I contact james.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

yes, 9 cuts off too.
Jc

Post by Jc »

just as an aside: Using Audacity 1.3 Beta, there's been one instance where the file wasn't entirely exported to mp3, and it would cut off. After that, I made sure to always check the length of the exported file before closing Audacity.
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
cline

Post by cline »

Sections 3,5,7 and 9 are all cut short. I got the section 7 that Hugh posted (Thanks Hugh!), so that leaves 3,5 and 9 cut short. Any idea when these might get fixed?

Thanks for the great readings!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi cline, thanks for the report - is that a complete audit of the whole book? as in, have you checked every file, and only those are cut short, or might there be more?
cline

Post by cline »

I did check the entire book. Those chapters are the only ones remaining that were cut short.

I had downloaded that title and then noticed the post to the problem desk about it. When I looked it over, sure enough there were more chapters with the error.

As a homeschooling family with adults that love books as well we have downloaded many a file from Librivox. We love this site!

Thank you again!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

thanks cline, thats been really helpful. now lets see if we can track down the missing files!
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

The Internet Archive page is giving me an error message:
"Exhausted all choices for locator URLs. Item cannot be found."

None of the individual links are working either.

I tried to track down section 9, read by jamestily. But none of the Mediafire links on the forum page were active. I'll go ahead and PM him.

Section 3, read by ahab, was originally posted on his own server. It's complete, and the link still works!:
http://www.specksynder.com/librivox/ahab/critique/critique_of_pure_reason_03_kant.mp3

I downloaded a backup on my comp, till this is all sorted out.

Section 5 is CarlManchester's. The link in the forum didn't work any longer. I've PM'ed him too.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]
Cori

Post by Cori »

Bump -- how's this going, Leon..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Not so well. I contacted Carl Manchester, who had section 5. He doesn't have the file anymore, and neither does the proof-listener for the project, or TickTockMan. I think the only way we could fix it would be to have someone re-record (he didn't sound too thrilled about it). The reader for section 9, jamestily, hasn't read my PM to him. So as it stands, the only one we can fix is section 3.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]