Broken link(?) to PL FAQ from a MW page. [FIXED]

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

From this page viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81029
I click on the link at Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
The link address reads "viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680"

I am taken to the page viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680 which tells me "You are not authorised to read this forum."

I have tried logged in both as plain-old-me, and with my new-found DPL status.
Same results both times.

I am probably doing something wrong, but I am sure that I read this (and other FAQ pages) two weeks ago.
Thanks for any guidance.
Chris Greaves
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think this happened because of our recent shuffling around of the 1-minute test forum and the new Proof Listeners Wanted forum. That thread was replaced by a duplicate of it, which is here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=90850

However, it won't be a quick correction of the URL, because this URL is part of the project template and so it is present in every project. I think we'll have to move the old thread out of the admin-only section and swap it with the new replacement. But I don't think I have that ability.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh wait, looks like I do have that power after all! Should be fixed.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:00 am Oh wait, looks like I do have that power after all! Should be fixed.
Thanks, Devorah. I can see the link now. I wanted a quick review before doing another PL.
Cheers
Chris
P.S. I know that if I reduced my research I'd be reporting fewer problems.
But then I'd probably be creating more problems!
C
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm very glad you reported this one. That's an important resource, especially for newer volunteers, and it needs to be readily available. :thumbs:
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 12:30 pm I'm very glad you reported this one. That's an important resource, especially for newer volunteers, and it needs to be readily available. :thumbs:
From this page viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66869

6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

The copied link is "viewtopic.php#6430" which reports "The requested topic does not exist."

(signed) "Happy Pedantic" of Bonavista
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

ChrisGreaves wrote: January 27th, 2022, 6:23 am
mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 12:30 pm I'm very glad you reported this one. That's an important resource, especially for newer volunteers, and it needs to be readily available. :thumbs:
From this page viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66869

6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

The copied link is "viewtopic.php#6430" which reports "The requested topic does not exist."

(signed) "Happy Pedantic" of Bonavista
That's a link that isn't used anymore in the templates. I've removed it. Thanks!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine