Certificate problems in the forum [FIXED]

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

I'm getting errors while accessing the forum this afternoon. The errors still persist.

It says (in Portuguese) that the certificate expired today. I'm only getting to type this because "I accepted the risk".

Translating (with Google Translate, because I'm in a hurry):

Code: Select all

Alert: Potential security risk ahead

Firefox detected a problem and did not proceed to forum.librivox.org. The website was misconfigured or your computer's internal clock is wrong.

The site's certificate is probably expired, preventing Firefox from connecting securely. If you access this site, attackers may try to steal sensitive information such as passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The problem is most likely with the website, there is nothing you can do to fix it. You can notify the site administrator.

Know more…

Sites prove their identity through certificates, which are valid for a specified period of time. The forum.librivox.org certificate expired on 1/19/2022.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE 
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I sent an email to our sysadmin. The certificate is auto-renewed, but someone must enter the new credentials to get rid of that nasty warning.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This should be fixed now. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine