Connection Errors - "This site can't be reached."

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
mingersoll

Post by mingersoll »

Although I just joined the forum, I am a high school teacher and have been using LibriVox audiobooks for years. I do not use an "app" and never download files. I go directly to the website, pull up the book I need, and start listening, chapter by chapter. I also refer my students to the site in case they want to listen and read along. Since the Christmas break, I cannot access any of the files. I go to the website, request the book through the search feature, and click on the title, which brings up the chapters. When I click on a chapter, I get the message "This site can't be reached." I have no idea what I am doing wrong. One of the computer techs at my school came by and said maybe your links were broken so I could not access them. I would appreciate help from anyone who has suggestions so I can access the files. I did not see a link to report technical or connection errors. Thank you.
mingersoll

Post by mingersoll »

This is an addition to my previous email.
I tried "Edge" and got the same result - no access.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

What country are you trying from? A few restrict access to archive.org, where our files are stored, because of some of the material on that site.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Any book? If it's a specific book, please name it.

Our files are hosted on Archive.org. Try going there directly. The links to the audios will all be the same, though.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mingersoll

Post by mingersoll »

I am in the USA - Texas.
I just tried to access through the Firefox browser, and got the same message - no access.
mingersoll

Post by mingersoll »

I tried accessing Silas Marner and Huckleberry Finn.
No access.
mingersoll

Post by mingersoll »

I just tried Archive.org - no access
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

It sounds like something on your computer or network is blocking archive.org, possibly antivirus software or if you are using a school computer, some setting to restrict student access from the school's computers.
Jo