[COMPLETE] Skiddoo!, by Hugh McHugh - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

[Humor] Skiddoo!, by Hugh McHugh (1867 - 1926)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/skiddoo-by-hugh-mchugh/

John Henry is quite a character! King of the "Beloved of the Short Arm Jab". John Henry has his own unique perspective on the events taking place either with or around him, and gives the most humorous commentary on whatever and whomever is in his life or crossing his path. His insightful wit and humor are sure to bring chuckles and outright laughter. Note: The author of this book is George V. Hobart who also wrote under the pseudonym Hugh McHugh. (Summary by Laurie Banza )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19668

Target completion date: 2022-08-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: jolNvsI0
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_V._Hobart (Hugh McHugh)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 7
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1906
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: humor, humorous commentary

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of Skiddoo!. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Skiddoo!, by Hugh McHugh. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of Skiddoo!, by Hugh McHugh. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter) #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Skiddoo!, by Hugh McHugh."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: skiddoo_##_mchugh_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. skiddoo_01_mchugh_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Laur on August 20th, 2022, 6:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Laur

Post by Laur »

PLEASE NOTE: To prospective MC and PL/DPL:
This will be my 4th book featuring the friendly, yet sassy funny comical character, John Henry. In the three books previously recorded, I created a special "character voice" for John Henry that sounds "male" as he gives the commentary about the insane experiences he has. In order to follow the pattern originally set, I am continuing to use the beloved and popular "John Henry" voice, as requested by listeners.

Please note: With each beginning chapter intro and end, it is my actual voice you will hear, but as the story begins to be told, I use a pitch change in audacity to create a male sounding voice for the character, John Henry. The reading is completely mine, just the voice is tweaked to give the impression of a male recounting the story lending to the authenticity of the stories. Funny stuff!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good morning to you Laurie,
Looking at this thread it seems as though you may need a DPL, possibly you are thinking of using the DPL you may have used for the two prior books? If not and you still need to have one :roll: , I volunteer! Please do let me know.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Laurie! I can MC this one for you! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready, and April is in as DPL (thank you, April!). We will move over to Going Solo a little later today!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
icequeen wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:53 pm OK, your MW is ready, and April is in as DPL (thank you, April!). We will move over to Going Solo a little later today!
April
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

icequeen wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:53 pm OK, your MW is ready, and April is in as DPL (thank you, April!). We will move over to Going Solo a little later today!
Hi April. I was contacted PM to DPL this work, to which I agreed of course. These are wonderful! But there are no worries here. Please enjoy and let me know if you require any assistance along the way. For now I have put up three new works for group collaboration in the launch pad and one of them is still looking for an MC. #wink wink icequeen :lol:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Laur

Post by Laur »

Ann, Anthony and April,
Thank you so much for your offered help, and the quick reply to lend support and get the project going.

So confirming April is DPL, Anthony I adore you and thank you again for your past work on my part, and Ann - YOU are my queen (not just icequeen) - so a genuine thanks for all you do in my behalf and working with me again on this project.

This one promises to be a real-rip snort. Mr. Henry will be in fine form!
Stay tuned! :thumbs:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You are very welcome, Laurie! And, your projects are so easy peasy, it is no trouble at all to get your MW and get you rolling!

Off we go to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello.
My interjection on the afore mentioned comments. I am happy to be the DPL for this project though I would acquiesce to allowing the choice of the DPL from the prior books....
Please know the choice is Laurie's.
April
Laur

Post by Laur »

April - it's all worked out. No worries. I would be honored to have you DPL.
I hope you'll have a lot of fun PL'ing this! Looking forward to working with you! :thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Laur wrote: August 16th, 2022, 6:56 pm April - it's all worked out. No worries. I would be honored to have you DPL.
I hope you'll have a lot of fun PL'ing this! Looking forward to working with you! :thumbs:
Wonderful to know it is all worked out. I am thrilled to be the DPL for this project. Thank you!! :9:
April
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 1 and 2 ready for PL.
Thank you. :)
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Laur wrote: August 18th, 2022, 5:00 pm Chapters 1 and 2 ready for PL.
Thank you. :)
Thanks for notifying me. :thumbs:
April
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 3 & 4 ready for PL