[COMPLETE] For Your Sweet Sake by James Ephraim McGirt - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

For Your Sweet Sake by James Ephraim McGirt (1874 -1930)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/for-your-sweet-sake-by-james-mcgirt/
This work is a collection of lyric poems by this author. (Summary by Jim Locke)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53385

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author

Keywords that describe the book: love, patriotism, loss, success, defeat, faith, philosophy

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.
For the first section, say: book title by author's name, read for librivox.org., poem title.
For the second and subsequent sections: poem title, read for librivox.org.
At end of section, say: "end of poem, this recording is in the public domain."

If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of For Your Sweet Sake, by James Ephraim McGirt."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: sweetsake_##_mcgirt_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. sweetsake_01_mcgirt_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by neecheelok70 on August 16th, 2022, 12:11 pm, edited 24 times in total.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: You already know how to do the intros and outros for poems, so I didn't change the above instructions to conform to the poetry format.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Dave, I have changed the page set-up for poetry. But I don't know where the beige-yellow coloration came from. And I should have said 45 as the number of sections, not 25. Is it easier for you to add the extra twenty than for me to have to do them one at a time? If not, of course I will add as I go. Once again, thanks. Yours, Jim
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

No mention of book title in first intro.

For the first section (and only the first section), say "For Your Sweet Sake by James Ephraim McGirt. Read for librivox.org. Born Like the Pines."
For the second and subsequent sections, do as you state above for second and subsequent sections.

Sadly, I can only add sections one at a time also.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Is this right now? In future, maybe you want me to do all the section entries as I go along.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK!

Add sections as you need them. When setting up a book it's better to be over than under because it's so easy to delete unwanted sections
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 2. I didn't say the author's name because we have said at the top that the poems are all by the same author. Is this right?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:26 pm I didn't say the author's name because we have said at the top that the poems are all by the same author. Is this right?
Yes.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

What I meant is that in future I could enter each section (section 1 assigned to neecheelok to the end of the sections) as I went along. Or can it be done that way? You would send me the MW without having listed the sections ahead of time. Just a thought. Jim
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK!

It's better to start with the expected number of sections and then add/delete as needed.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4-7 PL OK!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Here are 5 mo'!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Here are 5 mo'!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team