[COMPLETE] The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
niobium

Post by niobium »

The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II, by James Frazer (1854 - 1941)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/golden-bough-part-4-volume-2-by-james-frazer/
The sixth volume in the Golden Bough. Frazer continues into the second part of the compilation of analogies dealing with the recurring theme of the dying god. the worship of the dead, and dead kings. Extensive evidence is presented from the history of Egypt and what had been learned from archaeology in North Africa and the Mediterranean. The Egyptian calendar and festivals, the identify and personality of Osiris, and the relationship of the mother goddess, are discussed in length. (Summary by leon harvey)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/goldenboughstudy06frazuoft/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2022-12-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II, by James Frazer. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II, by James Frazer. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Golden Bough. A Study in Magic and Religion. Part IV. Adonis Attis Osiris. Volume II, by James Frazer."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: goldenbough4vol2_##_frazer_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. goldenbough4vol2_01_frazer_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set it up for you. The MW is up.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Moving to Going Solo.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

This sounds like fun. I would be happy to PL for you if you would like.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
niobium

Post by niobium »

afutterer wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:59 pm This sounds like fun. I would be happy to PL for you if you would like.
all very well and good to continue
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

niobium wrote: July 26th, 2022, 4:32 am
afutterer wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:59 pm This sounds like fun. I would be happy to PL for you if you would like.
all very well and good to continue
I am not sure if this means that I will DPL this. It has not been assigned to me yet by the MC so it does not show in my personal workbench online. I will begin PL process anyways until informed otherwise. Thanks!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

afutterer wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:35 am I am not sure if this means that I will DPL this. It has not been assigned to me yet by the MC so it does not show in my personal workbench online. I will begin PL process anyways until informed otherwise. Thanks!
You now have access to the MW. We usually wait for the BC to confirm before making that change. :)

Michael
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Kazbek wrote: July 26th, 2022, 8:56 am
afutterer wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:35 am I am not sure if this means that I will DPL this. It has not been assigned to me yet by the MC so it does not show in my personal workbench online. I will begin PL process anyways until informed otherwise. Thanks!
You now have access to the MW. We usually wait for the BC to confirm before making that change. :)

Michael
Thank you.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 1

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 2

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 3

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 4

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 05

- At the beginning of the recording the silent lead in is a bit long at around 10s. Please shorten this to ~5s.
- At the end of the recording the final phrase is not stated, "End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]

That is all. Thanks!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 5

PL OK
Anthony