~ (kids/adventure) Aniwee: or, the Warrior Queen, by Florence Dixie - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 2nd, 2022, 9:26 am

Aniwee: or, the Warrior Queen, by Florence Dixie (1855 - 1905)
" I am going to tell you about a splendid unexplored country, and several adventures that happened therein, and I hope some day that some of you will go and see those countries, and penetrate even further into their mysteries, than did the girls and boys who figure in this book."

This is the original children's tale and should not be confused with the R rated 1987 movie of the same name. (Summary by from the introduction)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/67965

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:



BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Florence_Dixie (Florence Dixie)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 33
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1890
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: mythology, araucanian indians, warriors, female warriors

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Aniwee: or, the Warrior Queen. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Aniwee: or, the Warrior Queen, by Florence Dixie. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Aniwee: or, the Warrior Queen, by Florence Dixie."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: aniwee_##_dixie_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. aniwee_01_dixie_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
Image
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 5th, 2022, 4:06 am

May I please volunteer to read
Section 0 Introductory poem
^_^

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 5th, 2022, 7:02 am

DragonSong wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 4:06 am
May I please volunteer to read
Section 0 Introductory poem
^_^
Welcome to Librivox.
Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.

FYI, we don’t usually say “section 0” in the intro… it’s not natural. Just say “introduction to…”

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 5th, 2022, 7:30 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 7:02 am
DragonSong wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 4:06 am
May I please volunteer to read
Section 0 Introductory poem
^_^
Welcome to Librivox.
Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.

FYI, we don’t usually say “section 0” in the intro… it’s not natural. Just say “introduction to…”
Got it! Thank you so much!

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 5th, 2022, 9:02 am

Question on pronunciation.

I have successfully found correct pronunciation for "Arucanian" and "Trauco" however, I have not come across a solid pronunciation for "Aniwee."

Do you have a preference for this? :)

Thanks!

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 5th, 2022, 9:36 am

DragonSong wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 9:02 am
Question on pronunciation.

I have successfully found correct pronunciation for "Arucanian" and "Trauco" however, I have not come across a solid pronunciation for "Aniwee."

Do you have a preference for this? :)

Thanks!
Not really… and we don’t comment on pronunciation except where it changes the meaning of a word. Here, I would say “Annie Wee” 8-) 8-)

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 5th, 2022, 9:43 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 9:36 am
DragonSong wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 9:02 am
Question on pronunciation.

I have successfully found correct pronunciation for "Arucanian" and "Trauco" however, I have not come across a solid pronunciation for "Aniwee."

Do you have a preference for this? :)

Thanks!
Not really… and we don’t comment on pronunciation except where it changes the meaning of a word. Here, I would say “Annie Wee” 8-) 8-)
PERFECT! Thats exactly how I was going to say it! Thank you! <3

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 10th, 2022, 7:52 pm


Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 10th, 2022, 8:08 pm

DragonSong wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 7:52 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/aniwee_o_dixie_128kb.mp3

Introductory Poem
1:51


Thanks!
Thank you.
No need to change it now, but please note the file name should be _00_

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 11th, 2022, 8:28 am

Poem PL OK. Nice reading. I look forward to hearing more from you.

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 11th, 2022, 9:08 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 8:08 pm
DragonSong wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 7:52 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/aniwee_o_dixie_128kb.mp3

Introductory Poem
1:51


Thanks!
Thank you.
No need to change it now, but please note the file name should be _00_
my apologies I can change it if you like, my computer was fussing about the file name. ^_^: Thank you for the lovely feedback! <3

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 11th, 2022, 11:39 am

DragonSong wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 9:08 am
Lynnet wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 8:08 pm
DragonSong wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 7:52 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/aniwee_o_dixie_128kb.mp3

Introductory Poem
1:51


Thanks!
Thank you.
No need to change it now, but please note the file name should be _00_
my apologies I can change it if you like, my computer was fussing about the file name. ^_^: Thank you for the lovely feedback! <3
No need to fix anything… I can do it at cataloguing. We don’t ask people to correct file names unless there are other edits.

DragonSong
Posts: 29
Joined: May 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by DragonSong » May 11th, 2022, 7:09 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:39 am
DragonSong wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 9:08 am
Lynnet wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 8:08 pm


Thank you.
No need to change it now, but please note the file name should be _00_
my apologies I can change it if you like, my computer was fussing about the file name. ^_^: Thank you for the lovely feedback! <3
No need to fix anything… I can do it at cataloguing. We don’t ask people to correct file names unless there are other edits.
Great to know! Thank you! :)

Children of the land, do you hear
Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
Two souls intertwined
One true love they did find
Bringing land and heavens near...

MrsHand
Posts: 4842
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » July 1st, 2022, 6:53 pm

May I read Chapters 1 - 3?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28714
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 2nd, 2022, 7:19 am

MrsHand wrote:
July 1st, 2022, 6:53 pm
May I read Chapters 1 - 3?
Sure!

Post Reply