[COMPLETE] Чортова кукла, by Зинаида Гиппиус - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Зинаида Гиппиус (1869 - 1945), Чортова кукла (1911)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/chortova-kukla-by-zinaida-gippius/
This book is not exactly a novel, as presented, but rather a sampler of characters of St. Petersburg of the early 20th century. However, as it is presented as a novel, let's note that, as far as I could tell, this is the first Russian novel written by a woman. The Note to the Readers is read by Hanna Ponomarenko.

Зинаида Гиппиус сама говорит что это книга не о революции или революционерах. Книга о реакции тоже не вышла, вопреки намерениям автора. Как жанр, это не роман (хотя развязка присутствует, и мастерская!), а скорее картины нравов разных слоёв петербургского общества начала ХХ века, и именно это делает книгу интересной. Однако, раз уж книга объявлена как роман, то надо отметить что, насколько мне удалось установить, это первый русский роман написанный женщиной.
Обращение к читателям от имени автора прочла Анна Пономаренко.

(Summary by Mark Chulsky)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/chortova_kukla/

Target completion date: 2022-07-18

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Вступление к роману Зинаиды Гиппиус Чортова кукла. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс находятся в общественном достоянии. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Глава # романа Зинаиды Гиппиус Чортова кукла. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"Конец #-й главы."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Конец романа Зинаиды Гиппиус Чортова кукла."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: chortovakukla_##_gippius_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. chortovakukla_01_gippius_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by chulsky on November 29th, 2022, 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Tricia! :9:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi! I'd like to PL Sec 0 and Sec 1. After PLing of these two I'll let you know if I'm ready to be a DPL. Is it ok?

FYI Gippius was one of the favourite authors of my litereature teacher. He used to mention her name often, but she wasn't in school program. So I've never read her works and was always intrigued by her name. I'm gonna try to find out (with your help Mark) what is Gippius... after 9 years :)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 27th, 2022, 5:04 pm Hi! I'd like to PL Sec 0 and Sec 1. After PLing of these two I'll let you know if I'm ready to be a DPL. Is it ok?
Thank you, Hanna! Lovely! :9:
You, of course, may make any comments at any PL level, as you wish. All your suggestions so far were extremely to the point!
You are a thorough (дотошный) researcher -- if you wish, you could verify my hypothesis that this is the first novel written by a women in Russian. The interent did not give an easy answer, and I don't really care that much, but you might get hooked :-)
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: January 27th, 2022, 7:28 pm All your suggestions so far were extremely to the point!
Honestly, I was surprised you didn't argue in Petlura's case :)
You are a thorough (дотошный) researcher -- if you wish, you could verify my hypothesis that this is the first novel written by a women in Russian. The interent did not give an easy answer, and I don't really care that much, but you might get hooked :-)
There is no need to hook me (see FYI part in my previous comment). I'm sorry this question doesn't interest me. The novel still may be bad even if it is first "women" one in Russia.

Sec 0 PL notes.
3:56 distracting noise
last 5 sec шуршание

Non-standard PL notes. Пожалуйста, ответьте себе на вопрос в образе кого Вы читаете? Я не разделяю книги на женские и мужские, но прочитанная подпись вызывает удивление. Образ произносящего вступление к читателям не женский, и тем более не женский с нотками мужского [я читала вчера, что она любила носить мужскую одежду] (это вообще сложно). Если возможно, я бы убрала всю хрипотцу. Понятия не имею, о чём книга, но вступление имеет жёсткий тон с издёвками. С 3:44, 4:40 самые женские места, на мой взгляд. Тон сбивает меня с толку, и я не понимаю, что хотел сказать автор. Рассмотрите, пожалуйста, предложение перечитать эту секцию в самом конце - так, как она и была написана.

Прошу прощения.
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on January 28th, 2022, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HannaPonomarenko

Sec 1 PL notes.
1:52, 3:43 short noise. Кажется, это цокание языком. В будущем, пожалуйста, попробуйте больше пить воды, начиная с утра в день звукозаписи.
4:03 distracting noise (kettle?)
Note. There is motorcycle somewhere not far from you, but it doesn't distract me from the story
last 5 sec шуршание

Прочитано хорошо. Характеры выразительные. Начало интересное. Я могла бы быть DPL, но сильно сомневаюсь, что подхожу :roll:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 28th, 2022, 5:49 pm ... попробуйте больше пить воды, начиная с утра в день звукозаписи.
In the morning I never know if this would be a recording day :)
There is motorcycle somewhere not far from you
There is a busy street not far from me, but I usually don't hear it in the recordings. Please keep noting if it distracts from the story.
Я могла бы быть DPL, но сильно сомневаюсь, что подхожу :roll:
Why would you say that? I couldn't dream of a better DPL. I'd follow your advice and leave the 0 section until the end.
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: January 29th, 2022, 9:34 am
I'd follow your advice and leave the 0 section until the end.
Yes, please. And if you feel it still doesn't go well, please consider inviting some woman LVer to read Sec 0.
I couldn't dream of a better DPL.
Thank you. Deal. I always worrie after giving negative feedback. I hope you didn't get offended.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:08 pm ... consider inviting some woman LVer to read Sec 0.
Would you like it?
I always worrie after giving negative feedback. I hope you didn't get offended.
Don't worry. I dish out all kinds of feedback, feel free to reciprocate :)

Tricia, please enter Hanna as the DPL :9:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Tricia, please enter Hanna as the DPL :9:
Done!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
HannaPonomarenko

chulsky wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:25 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:08 pm ... consider inviting some woman LVer to read Sec 0.
Would you like it?
I don't know yet. Let's talk about it much later)
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on February 5th, 2022, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LenaSukhaya

Post by LenaSukhaya »

Happy to record Zinaida's introduction if you'd like me to.
С уважением, Лена
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

LenaSukhaya wrote: February 4th, 2022, 7:48 pm Happy to record Zinaida's introduction if you'd like me to.
Thank you, Lena, for keeping an eye on this project :9:
Anya suggested to record the intro after the other sections are completed, and I think it's a sensible suggestion because the intro sounds like an integral part of the book. I offered Anya to narrate it, and she has not decided yet, so I would leave it to you and Anya to decide :D