(COMPLETE) Little Maid Marian by Amy Ella Blanchard - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Little Maid Marian, by Amy Ella Blanchard (1856 - 1926)

This project can now be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/little-maid-marian-by-amy-ella-blanchard/
Not the tale of Robin Hood’s friend, but a charming Victorian age story of Marian, a little girl being raised by her formal but loving grandparents. When the new school teacher comes to stay, she adds warmth and whimsy to Marian’s life and helps guide her to make her most fervent wishes come true. (Summary by TR Love)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19988

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/General

Keywords that describe the book:

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave less than 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Little Maid Marian. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Little Maid Marian, by Amy Blanchard. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of Little Maid Marian, by Amy Blanchard. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Chapter Title."

End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Little Maid Marian, by Amy Blanchard."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: littlemaidmarian_##_blanchard_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. littlemaidmarian_01_blanchard_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: phil chenevert

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Poor Victorian Maid Marian, are you still waiting for a DPL? I can pick this group project up for that, Phil.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

LCaulkins wrote: November 27th, 2021, 11:00 am Poor Victorian Maid Marian, are you still waiting for a DPL? I can pick this group project up for that, Phil.
Thank you Lynette. poor little Marian appreciates it as well. :thumbs:
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Greetings,

I would like to claim chapters 1,2&3 if I may. Unless, that is, you would consider allowing me to read this as a solo…

Tina
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

TrLove wrote: December 1st, 2021, 1:35 pm Greetings,

I would like to claim chapters 1,2&3 if I may. Unless, that is, you would consider allowing me to read this as a solo…

Tina
Sure, you can read this as a solo and it would be great. Would you like that? Let me know and if so, I will fix the first post.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

philchenevert wrote: December 1st, 2021, 2:17 pm
TrLove wrote: December 1st, 2021, 1:35 pm Greetings,

Tina
Sure, you can read this as a solo and it would be great. Would you like that? Let me know and if so, I will fix the first post.
I’d love it, thanks Phil!
T
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Super! I'll hold on for the ride over to the Going Solo board. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

OK, I fixed the first post to be a solo. If I missed anything let me know. It will be a fun story and book. :D
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Hooray! May I have Admin access, so I can post my completed chapters to the MW as they’re ready for PL?
T
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

TrLove wrote: December 1st, 2021, 6:30 pm Hooray! May I have Admin access, so I can post my completed chapters to the MW as they’re ready for PL?
T
Oh yes, I forgot to put you in as BC. Will do that now.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Chapter 1 posted. Did I do it right?

Tina
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, that's terrific. :)

I've queued it for PL. If I don't get that far today, I'll listen in the morning.

(For your own info: You can keep the word counts in the note boxes if you want, but since those are purely courtesy notes for readers looking to pick up group project sections, they aren't necessary to keep. You do want to keep the times on every section you load.)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

What a nice recording, Tina :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, I'm sorry, Tina!

I hope your Section 2 hasn't been waiting a long time for me. I have it queued now.

If you'll just drop a little note whenever you load a section, I'll see it very quickly on my "your posts" feed. (something like, "next section is up" works great) - The PL list takes so long to load, that I only check it a couple times a week.
~Lynette * -
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

LCaulkins wrote: December 6th, 2021, 2:10 pm Oh, I'm sorry, Tina!

I hope your Section 2 hasn't been waiting a long time for me. I have it queued now.

If you'll just drop a little note whenever you load a section, I'll see it very quickly on my "your posts" feed. (something like, "next section is up" works great) - The PL list takes so long to load, that I only check it a couple times a week.
Not at all Lynette, I uploaded it just this morning. I also added Section 3; just now. I'll be sure to create notes with each new section. Thanks.
T