[COMPLETE] Adventurers of the Civil War by A.Vetlugin - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Авантюристы гражданской войны, by А. Ветлугин (1897 - 1953)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/avanturisty-by-vetlugin/

Volunteers outside the USA: А. Ветлугин died in 1953. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Military history essays of WWI and Russian Civil War, lesser known episodes.
A.Vetlugin (a.k.a. Voldemar Ryndzune) became an adventurer himself in his early 20s, he knew what he was writing about.

A.Ветлугин (Владимир Рындзюн) был участником Гражданской войны. Его наблюдательность и частые передвижения позволили создать галерею колоритных портретов от Дзержинского и Троцкого до Петлюры и Махно.
(Summary by Mark Chulsky)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://vtoraya-literatura.com/publ_829.html

Target completion date: 2022-02-18

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
""Секция 1я книги A.Ветлугинa Авантюристы гражданской войны. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс находятся в общественном достоянии. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Секция # книги A.Ветлугинa Авантюристы гражданской войны. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
""Конец # секции."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Конец книги A.Ветлугинa Авантюристы гражданской войны."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: avanturisty_##_avetlugin_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. avanturisty_01_avetlugin_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by chulsky on January 28th, 2022, 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set this up for you. Be right back with the MW.

Update: Ok, Mark, you're all set.

Misha
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Misha!
I posted the 1st section, https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/avanturisty_01_avetlugin_128kb.mp3 [8:12]
I also changed the intro to "Секция # книги A.Ветлугинa" because this pen name is not used without the initial, if you don't mind.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Sounds good. Moving the thread to Going Solo.

Misha
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

:help: Misha, here is a question. The chapter Продавцы шпагъ has two parts numbered "IV", and all the part numbers after that are skewed. How do you think I should do, fix the numbers or read the wrong ones?
Thank you!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

It's up to you, Mark. We're allowed to correct typos, and I think this belongs to the same general category. On the other hand, if the listener tries to check something in the text, renumbering all the parts would be unhelpful. Personally, I would probably say something like "another part IV" (don't have a Russian keyboard here).

Misha
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Hello, Mark! I've listened to your first section and everything is OK. From the intro it seems quite interesting. :9: I can't guarantee to be a DPLer but if your are OK with it I'll listen to your recordings from time to time until you find one.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Nastya! :thumbs:
Non-dedicated PLers, just as readers of group projects, probably should better pre-claim sections to avoid duplication, especially because Hanna too says she is going to listen a bit :9:

Sec.5 is up: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/avanturisty_05_avetlugin_128kb.mp3 [11:37]
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

chulsky wrote: October 13th, 2021, 5:22 pm Thank you, Nastya! :thumbs:
Non-dedicated PLers, just as readers of group projects, probably should better pre-claim sections to avoid duplication, especially because Hanna too says she is going to listen a bit :9:
Is it possible to preclaim sections 10-12 before they are recorded? :lol: Want to know what they are about.

P.S. I'll PL sections 2-4.
~Anastasiia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

ShiNeko wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:12 am Is it possible to preclaim sections 10-12 before they are recorded? :lol: Want to know what they are about.
P.S. I'll PL sections 2-4.
Thank you, Nastya, these sections are yours :9:
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

It
Was
Not
Fair

I'm joking) Sec 10-12 are naturally interesting for me and Nastya. I'll back up if necessary.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: October 14th, 2021, 12:18 pm It
Was
Not
Fair
Anechka, you could trick everyone and be the first to know just by peeking into the source book :D
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

There is truth in your words, Mark, but me reading a military book to myself and you reading it out loud are two big differences :)
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Section 2
9:58-10:00
In the audio: "Штабов и обер-офицеров", while in the text: "штаб- и обер-офицеров" meaning the rank "штаб-офицер".
24:43 "К работе, господа"... is missing. Judging from the sound it might have been cut out accidently.
The level of PL is standard but I mentioned these two text errors in case you would like to correct them.

25:03 "Конец 4-й секции" instead of "Конец 2-й секции".
4 secs on silence at the end instead of 5.
~Anastasiia