COMPLETE[RELIGION] Expositions on the Psalms VOL 4 St Augustine - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 4 - Psalms 76-101), by Saint Augustine of Hippo (354 - 430)

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/expositions-on-the-book-of-psalms-vol-4-psalms-by-saint-augustine-of-hippo/ [/color]
These sermons on the Psalms of the Holy Prophet and King David are as poetic as the Psalms themselves. They are well-suited for inspirational and devotional listening. (Summary by The Reader)

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/expositionsonboo00augu_2

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Special
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
  • Project Code: qmSWIQRf
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo (Saint Augustine of Hippo)
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 50
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
  • Original publication date (if known):
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book:

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Psalm [number] of Expositions on the Book of Psalms Vol 4. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 4 - Psalms 76-101), by Saint Augustine of Hippo."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of Psalm #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 4 - Psalms 76-101), by Saint Augustine of Hippo."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: psalms4_##_augustine_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. psalms4_01_augustine_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Annise

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by Monaxi on September 28th, 2021, 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peace be with you,
Sister
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Will set up window later.

Anne
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

annise wrote: September 6th, 2021, 4:32 pm Will set up window later.

Anne
Thank you, Anne! There's no rush.

Readers, please note that proof-listening will be "special," not "word perfect." The DPL will listen with the written text and be looking for such errors as change the meaning. Thank you all in advance!

Peace be with you,
Sister
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

MW done :D

Anne
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Thank you, Anne! We can also list Magdalene Miller as DPL. Thanks again!

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Anne! I'm about ready to fill in the magic window.

However, I need to change the link for the text we'll be reading from. The one in the first post is missing a couple of pages. This is a better scan: https://archive.org/details/expositionsonboo00augu_2/page/n7/mode/2up I do not believe that there are any missing pages. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Monaxi wrote: September 26th, 2021, 10:46 am Hello, Anne! I'm about ready to fill in the magic window.

However, I need to change the link for the text we'll be reading from. The one in the first post is missing a couple of pages. This is a better scan: https://archive.org/details/expositionsonboo00augu_2/page/n7/mode/2up I do not believe that there are any missing pages. Thank you!
:clap:
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Anne,

I've switched out the text link for the one without missing pages. All pagination is the same. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Hello,

I'd like to read Psalm 76, part 1. How do you want the blank spaces read, e.g., in _________? Just a pause?

Thanks.

Paula
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

pmessina wrote: September 28th, 2021, 1:17 pm Hello,

I'd like to read Psalm 76, part 1. How do you want the blank spaces read, e.g., in _________? Just a pause?

Thanks.

Paula
Hello, Paula, I'm not sure what you mean by "blank spaces." Where do you see that happening? Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

I figured it out.
Paula
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

pmessina wrote: September 28th, 2021, 1:17 pm Hello,

I'd like to read Psalm 76, part 1.
Paula
Thank you! Let me know if you have any other questions about reading this text. The MW has been updated. Thanks again!

Peace be with you,
Sister
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Hello, I know I kind of blew it with the last book, but could I read sections 2 through 5? I got extremely busy at school, and the wheels kind of fell off!

Thanks!

Laurence
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

laurencetrask wrote: October 4th, 2021, 5:52 pm Hello, I know I kind of blew it with the last book, but could I read sections 2 through 5? I got extremely busy at school, and the wheels kind of fell off!

Thanks!

Laurence
Absolutely! I'm glad you are back. I'll update the MW momentarily.

Peace be with you,
Sister
cpollema

Post by cpollema »

I would like to read Psalm 96 Part 1 & 2 as well as Psalm 100 Part 1 & 2. Thanks!