~[SOLO/HEBREW] Ra'yonot, by Marcus Aurelius, translated by Armand Kaminka - kaz

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
DaniGirl1967

Post by DaniGirl1967 »

Ra'yonot, by Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180), translated by Armand Kaminka (1866 - 1950)
הספר "רעיונות" הוא ספר פילוסופי מאת הקיסר הרומי מרקוס אורליוס. הוא נכתב במקור ביוונית ותורגם לעברית על־ידי אהרן קָמינקָא. זהו אוסף אקלאטי של זכרונות, רעיונות, ותרגילי מחשבה של המחבר. הספר מכיל מוטיבים של האסכולה הסוטאית אותה למד מרקוס אורליוס מהפילוסוף היווני אֶפּיקטֵטוס.

This is a translation to Hebrew of the book "Meditations" by the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius. Meditations is an eclectic combination of memories, ideas, and mental exercises. The book contains themes of the Stoic philosophy, which Marcus Aurelius studied from the Greek philosopher Epictetus. (Summary by Guy Lederfein)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101060869359

Target completion date: 0-12-00

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"ספר [מספר] של רעיונות.
.Librivox.org -זו הקלטה של ליבריווקס. כל ההקלטות של ליבריווקס הן בנחלת הכלל. למידע נוסף או להתנדבות, אנא בקרו ב"
[Optional:
.[מספר [שמך
]
רעיונות מאת מרקוס אורליוס אנטונינוס תורגם על ידי ד"ר אהרן קמינקא‎.
ספר #"
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"ספר [מספר] של רעיונות מאת מרקוס אורליוס אנטונינוס תורגם על ידי ד"ר אהרן קמינקא.
הקלטת ליבריווקס זו היא בנחלת הכלל."
[Optional:
.[מספר [שמך
]
ספר #"
End of recording:
Say:
"סוף ספר #.
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"סוף רעיונות מאת מרקוס אורליוס אנטונינוס תורגם על ידי ד"ר אהרן קמינקא"
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: rayonot_##_aurelius_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. rayonot_01_aurelius_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by jazzman on April 19th, 2022, 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set this up for you. Be right back with the MW.

Update: the MW is up. I've added the Hebrew spelling to the title:

רעיונות [Ra'yonot]

Our book summaries should be in the public domain, which Wikipedia articles are not. Please rephase the summary in your own words at some point before the project is cataloged. It can be in Hebrew, in English, or both.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Moving to Going Solo.

Michael
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Uploaded the first section. Updated MW.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

If you'd like to advertise for PLs in Listeners & Editors Wanted, the template and instructions are in a sticky post at the top of that forum.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi Guy,

Are you still working on this project?

Michael
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hi Kazbek,

Yes, I'm still working on this. Haven't had too much time to work on it, but was actually planning on recording book 4 today :)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Great, thanks for the update!

Michael
NatantheLV

Post by NatantheLV »

Hey there,

I'll be glad to act as PL for this project.
A small problem, however – the source text listed in the head topic is unviewable (the item is listed as 'not available online' due to copyright restrictions):
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101060869359
Once a working link is available, I can get to PLing.

Cheers,
Nathan
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

NatantheLV wrote: January 5th, 2022, 8:26 am A small problem, however – the source text listed in the head topic is unviewable (the item is listed as 'not available online' due to copyright restrictions):
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101060869359
Once a working link is available, I can get to PLing.
Unfortunately, HathiTrust often places geographical restrictions on full view access that have nothing to do with copyright. This seems to be an instance of that. I'm in the US and I can view the book. The PL level requested for this project is "standard", which means you don't have to follow along with the text. Please see the PL guide linked at the top of the thread for instructions.

Thanks!
Michael
NatantheLV

Post by NatantheLV »

Hey there,

PL for current chapters (books 1 through 4) looks good.

Two minor notes:
  1. In the intro to Book 1, Armand Kaminka isn't mentioned as a Doctor ("תורגם על ידי אהרן קמינקא" instead of "תורגם על ידי ד״ר אהרן קמינקא")
  2. (slightly irrelevant, but I just want to make sure) The written intros/outros in the topic heading translate Marcus Aurelius to "מרקוס אברליוס". I assume this is a typo, as none of the uploaded intros/outros say it, but this may be an odd translation. If it is a typo, the text in the topic heading should be changed to "מרקוס אורליוס".
- Nathan
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi Guy,

Michael
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

NatantheLV wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:22 am Hey there,

PL for current chapters (books 1 through 4) looks good.

Two minor notes:
  1. In the intro to Book 1, Armand Kaminka isn't mentioned as a Doctor ("תורגם על ידי אהרן קמינקא" instead of "תורגם על ידי ד״ר אהרן קמינקא")
  2. (slightly irrelevant, but I just want to make sure) The written intros/outros in the topic heading translate Marcus Aurelius to "מרקוס אברליוס". I assume this is a typo, as none of the uploaded intros/outros say it, but this may be an odd translation. If it is a typo, the text in the topic heading should be changed to "מרקוס אורליוס".
Thank you for the PL, NatantheLV!

Regarding your notes:
  1. Thanks for the catch - I will make an edit to Book 1 to include "Doctor"
  2. Yup, that's a typo. Changed the text in the original post.
Last edited by jazzman on April 19th, 2022, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Kazbek wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:43 am Hi Guy,

Michael
Yes Michael,

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to spend on it lately, but I do still intend on finishing this project. Sorry for the delay!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

No worries, just doing the regular check-in. :)

Michael