COMPLETE [ROMANCE/NOVEL] Antonia by George Sand - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

This project is now complete! All files can be found at https://librivox.org/antonia-by-george-sand/

Antonia, by George Sand (1804 - 1876), translated by George Burnham Yves (1856 - 1930)
Will love conquer all? An entertaining novel of growth in light of societal pressures of propriety, finance and inheritance of 19th century France. Intriguing events and turns of phrase abound. (Summary by Christine Rottger )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/65170

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard plus Special: Please follow along with the text and listen for any word changes that affect the meaning of the text.
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Antonia. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Antonia, by George Sand, translated by George Burnham Yves. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Antonia, by George Sand, translated by George Burnham Yves."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: antonia_##_sand_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. antonia_01_sand_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Leni

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by brownrottger on July 13th, 2021, 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Leni has agreed to MC
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Great! Here we are. The window is up. I have made changes in the first post only in the title, to add that it is a collaborative, genre and name of author.

Also, as BC, you might want to decide if you wish your readers to say Section or Chapter at the beginning and end of files, for the sake of consistency - in the template itis "Section or Chapter". To edit your first post, click on the pencil icon on the top right. :)

Since Scarbo had offered to continue with the PL job, I think we are set. You can access the window as you would normally do on your solo, but let me know if you have any difficulties with that!
Leni
=================
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ok great! Off we go!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hey Leni, One thing: I had entered that it would be 37 sections. Each chapter is between 9 and 12 thousand words. So, I thought I would break it into average sections of 2 -3 thousand words. If this is acceptable will you add sections to the MW?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Oh, great! Sorry I didn't observe that, I have added the sections now.
Leni
=================
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hey, I will have the chapters split into parts in google docs today. Do you guys want me to send them to you somehow?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

brownrottger wrote: June 19th, 2021, 9:24 am Hey, I will have the chapters split into parts in google docs today. Do you guys want me to send them to you somehow?
No need to send us, no. :) As soon as the window is ready, I will move the project to the Readers Wanted forum.
Leni
=================
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

MW done. Am I weird that I had a blast doing that??
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

brownrottger wrote: June 19th, 2021, 4:06 pm MW done. Am I weird that I had a blast doing that??
No! I enjoy setting up projects too :mrgreen: Moving us to Readers Wanted.
Leni
=================
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Hi Leni - May I read Sections 2 and 3?
Thanks.

Lisa
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Murphy8104 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:09 pm Hi Leni - May I read Sections 2 and 3?
Thanks.

Lisa
Thank you. I have put you in the MW for those sections. Welcome to beginning or continuing our enjoyment of the writing of George Sand!
Christine
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Hi there -
I've uploaded Section 2 of Antonia. Please let me know if changes are needed. Thanks!
Lisa

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_02_sand_128kb.mp3

db: 90.1 Length: 14:35
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Murphy8104 wrote: June 26th, 2021, 4:03 pm Hi there -
I've uploaded Section 2 of Antonia. Please let me know if changes are needed. Thanks!
Lisa

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/antonia_02_sand_128kb.mp3

db: 90.1 Length: 14:35
Section 2 sounds great! I have one note: at 0:24, "My fair client," you say "My client."

Also, I'm not sure whether the BC has a preference about this, but you say "Section 2" instead of "Chapter 1, part 2" at the beginning and at 0:21. I'll defer to brownrottger though as to whether that's something that she would want to change.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section # is what is desired at the beginning and end of each recording, as is indicated in the instructions above. Thanks for checking! I should have Section 1 ready for PL by the end of this weekend.