[SOLO] Poems and Ballads (First Series) by Algernon Charles Swinburne - kaz

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Poems and Ballads (First Series), by Algernon Charles Swinburne (1837 - 1909)
Poems and Ballads, First Series is the first collection of poems by Algernon Charles Swinburne, published in 1866. The book found success with the public upon its publication. It also aroused considerable controversy, prompted by the allusions that some of the poems make to subjects considered taboo in Victorian England. (Summary by Kazbek)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35402

Target completion date: 2021-11-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"DEDICATORY EPISTLE of Poems and Ballads (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Poems & Ballads (First Series), by Algernon Charles Swinburne. Section text."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"[Poem title] by Algernon Charles Swinburne. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Poem text"
End of recording:
Say:
"End of poem." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Poems & Ballads (First Series), by Algernon Charles Swinburne."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: poemsballads1_##_swinburne_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. poemsballads1_01_swinburne_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Sections 0-2 are ready for PL.

Michael
rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

Currently listening to 0, sounds good so far. Sent you a PM, Kaz. If you are still looking for a DPL, i'm game.
Roseanne Schmidt AKA rschmfem @ ╞ myLVZazl-TsTwitter ╪ BookRvws 1,2 ╪ ♣blog♣ ╪ dA
♫ As of July 11,2021, ... Apologies for hiatus'ing from LV since 3/2015 forgive me, again... :mrgreen: :oops: :shock:
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Great, thank you, Roseanne! You now have access to the MW. It looks like this may be the first time you'll be accessing one. Before you can log in to a MW for the first time, you will need to set up a password for accessing the workflow system, as described here:

How to log in to the workflow system for the first time

As DPL, you'll be updating the status to "See PL Notes" or "PL OK", as appropriate. Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

Kazbek wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:06 am Great, thank you, Roseanne! You now have access to the MW. It looks like this may be the first time you'll be accessing one. Before you can log in to a MW for the first time, you will need to set up a password for accessing the workflow system, as described here:

How to log in to the workflow system for the first time

As DPL, you'll be updating the status to "See PL Notes" or "PL OK", as appropriate. Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
just about done
Roseanne Schmidt AKA rschmfem @ ╞ myLVZazl-TsTwitter ╪ BookRvws 1,2 ╪ ♣blog♣ ╪ dA
♫ As of July 11,2021, ... Apologies for hiatus'ing from LV since 3/2015 forgive me, again... :mrgreen: :oops: :shock:
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

rschmfem wrote: July 24th, 2021, 4:54 pm just about done
Thanks for the quick start!

Michael
rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

just checking in that you are okay
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

rschmfem wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:29 pm just checking in that you are okay
Thanks for your patience! I've been busy with other things, but there's a long poem coming in soon. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Section 3 is ready for PL. Woof, that was a long one.

Michael
rschmfem

Post by rschmfem »

i'm on it.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

It's time to dust off this project. Looking for (D)PL(s).

Michael
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL for you!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Lovely! Thank you, Kristin.

Michael
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 3-4 are PL OK!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, Kristin! Section 5 is ready for PL.

Michael