COMPLETE [Solo] - THE BABY’S OWN ÆSOP - WALTER CRANE-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

The Baby's Own Aesop, by Walter Crane (1845 - 1915)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-babys-own-aesop-by-walter-crane/
This is a short book containing a number of Aesop’s fables condensed into short rhymes. (Summary by SweetHome)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25433

Target completion date: 2021-05-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Baby's Own Aesop. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Baby's Own Aesop, by Walter Crane. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Baby's Own Aesop, by Walter Crane. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Baby's Own Aesop, by Walter Crane."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: babysownaesop_##_crane_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. babysownaesop_01_crane_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

I know there already is a version of this made, but LittlePeanut wanted to do another recording of it.

MC and DPL most welcome.

Thank you.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sweethome,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get the MW set up.
MaryAnn
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Thank you!
SamKool

Post by SamKool »

Can I be DPL for the project ?
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

That would be great! Thank you!
SamKool

Post by SamKool »

Could you please guide me a little with the PL technical stuff as this is my first time
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

I haven’t done proof listening for a project before, so I’m not going to be much help. I run all my files through checker before I upload, but I think that the proof listeners usually double check and make suggestions if they notice any problems.

Maybe this page will help if you have specific questions: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

This project is set as standard proof-listening. I’ve copied the following from the above link:

Standard Proof-listening
-- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
-- Are there any repeats, or serious stumbles that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
-- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
-- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
-- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there about 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
SamKool

Post by SamKool »

Thanks for the help
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sam,

I've given you access to the MW to update the status fields as you PL sections.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

Note that passwords for the magic window and the forum are not connected. You can use the same password in both places (I think a lot of people do), but if you change it on one system, it won't affect the password on the other system.

If you have any trouble getting into the MW, or any questions, please post and we'll work through them.

MaryAnn
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Section 4 uploaded.
SweetHome

Post by SweetHome »

Just uploaded the last two sections.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks SweetHome. I've PM'd our DPL.
MaryAnn