SOLO A Room with a View by E. M. Forster - lny

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 8th, 2021, 11:49 pm

A Room with a View by E. M. Forster (1879 - 1970).

When Lucy Honeychurch meets George Emerson in a hotel in Florence, she is intrigued but wary. Lucy's chaperone, her strict and overbearing cousin Charlotte, disapproves of Emerson because he is free-thinking in his opinions, unconventional in manners, and beneath them in social status. In the freeing atmosphere of Italy the two young people are increasingly drawn to each other, but once back in England Lucy is constrained by the claustrophobic snobbery of her guardians, who encourage her to take up with a well-connected but pretentious boor. Lucy must decide whether to take control of her own fate and risk love with a man whose free spirit reminds her of "a room with a view." (Megan Wilson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2641
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard


    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

    Magic Window:



    BC Admin ============================================

    Genres for the project: Humorous Fiction

    Keywords that describe the book: Romance, England, Italy, Young Women

    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of A Room with a View. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "A Room with a View, by E. M. Forster. [Chapter]"


    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of A Room with a View by E. M. Forster. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of A Room with a View, by E. M. Forster. "

    There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename roomwithaview4_##_forster_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. roomwithaview_01_forster_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Ignor ID tags. These are completed automatically during the catalog process.


    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

    Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Zirong on January 9th, 2021, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33941
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » January 8th, 2021, 11:54 pm

just so you know - this will be version 4

Anne

Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 9th, 2021, 5:09 am

annise wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 11:54 pm
just so you know - this will be version 4

Anne
Thank you! :D

Sunrise2020
Posts: 236
Joined: August 28th, 2020, 5:41 am

Post by Sunrise2020 » January 9th, 2021, 7:29 am

Hi Zirong,

I'll be happy to DPL this project for you. I've read the book and it'd be great to listen to it :D .

Take care,
==========
Susanne

Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 9th, 2021, 9:14 am

Sunrise2020 wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 7:29 am
Hi Zirong,

I'll be happy to DPL this project for you. I've read the book and it'd be great to listen to it :D .

Take care,
Aww thank you so much! :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 10th, 2021, 6:06 am

I can MC this for you. I'll be back in a moment to explain everything.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 10th, 2021, 6:10 am

Your MW is ready. Here is how you get in: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs/edit

Once you get a password and get logged in you are ready to set up your MW. You will enter the titles at this time and then as you record you will enter the file links, duration (in notes) and toggle the workflow.
Assigned – section assigned to a reader
Ready for PL – file uploaded by the reader and ready for prooflistening
See PL Notes – prooflistener has listened to the file and posted edits for the reader
Ready for spot PL – The reader has made the requested edits and the file is ready for the prooflistener to spot check
PL OK – file is ready to catalog

I made changes to your file name and the ID3 tags.

Let me know when you have access to the MW and I'll move you over to going solo.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 11th, 2021, 3:52 am

linny wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 6:10 am
Your MW is ready. Here is how you get in: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs/edit

Once you get a password and get logged in you are ready to set up your MW. You will enter the titles at this time and then as you record you will enter the file links, duration (in notes) and toggle the workflow.
Assigned – section assigned to a reader
Ready for PL – file uploaded by the reader and ready for prooflistening
See PL Notes – prooflistener has listened to the file and posted edits for the reader
Ready for spot PL – The reader has made the requested edits and the file is ready for the prooflistener to spot check
PL OK – file is ready to catalog

I made changes to your file name and the ID3 tags.

Let me know when you have access to the MW and I'll move you over to going solo.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Thank you!!! :D

I followed the steps but it said "unable to change password" though, and I don't know where I got wrong. Thank you for your time~

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 11th, 2021, 4:57 am

Please try again, sometimes the system is a little full to do anything else. Let me know where in the process you receive an error.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 12th, 2021, 4:29 am

linny wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 4:57 am
Please try again, sometimes the system is a little full to do anything else. Let me know where in the process you receive an error.
Hiii,

I managed to reset the password and logged into my project page. May I ask where I should click to set up MW? I click on the id but I don't have permission for that.

Thank you for your time. :wink:


Zirong

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2021, 1:22 pm

I don't know what the 'id' is that you refer to. When you click on BC Admin (just under the MW) and log in, do you get a bigger version of the MW screen? It's officially titled the 'LibriVox Management Dashboard'. Once you get there you should be able to click into the title boxes and enter your chapter titles.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Zirong
Posts: 18
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 6:35 am

Post by Zirong » January 16th, 2021, 7:57 am

linny wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 1:22 pm
I don't know what the 'id' is that you refer to. When you click on BC Admin (just under the MW) and log in, do you get a bigger version of the MW screen? It's officially titled the 'LibriVox Management Dashboard'. Once you get there you should be able to click into the title boxes and enter your chapter titles.
Hiii, when I click on the BC admin under the MW, the page says I don't have permission there. But if I use the log in page, I can get to the management dashboard, yet the title boxes are not clickable.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 16th, 2021, 8:46 am

Zirong wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 7:57 am
linny wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 1:22 pm
I don't know what the 'id' is that you refer to. When you click on BC Admin (just under the MW) and log in, do you get a bigger version of the MW screen? It's officially titled the 'LibriVox Management Dashboard'. Once you get there you should be able to click into the title boxes and enter your chapter titles.
Hiii, when I click on the BC admin under the MW, the page says I don't have permission there. But if I use the log in page, I can get to the management dashboard, yet the title boxes are not clickable.
I'm struggling to understand where you are. When you say 'log in page' do you mean here: https://librivox.org/workflow
If you are logging in there the screen you see should be a listing of your project but not the project itself.

To open the MW you need to be on your project page (this thread). Then click on 'BC Admin' located just under the MW. If you aren't able to log in this way, please follow the instructions again and reset your password. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14919
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 16th, 2021, 9:06 am

Here is a video on how to get into the MW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDPSmlTjGM&t=99s
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

zachh
Posts: 78
Joined: November 1st, 2020, 5:02 am
Location: Orwell, NY

Post by zachh » January 16th, 2021, 11:10 am

I don't know if this is applicable to your situation, but here goes, just in case. When I want to log in to edit the MW on my solo I click the BD Admin link under the MW, put in my BC password and then I am sent to the "you do not have permission" page. What I've found that works to get me past that page is to close the browser window I am using, open a new window, return to page 1 of my solo thread and click on the BC Admin link under the MW again, and it takes me right into the MW.

Post Reply