[GROUP] Mount Rushmore National Memorial by Various - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Mount Rushmore National Memorial by Various ( - 0).

This project is in our catalog at https://librivox.org/mount-rushmore-national-memorial-by-various/
This publication of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial Society of Black Hills presents the history and description of one of the most iconic colossal sculptures of the world. Originally conceived by Doane Robinson of South Dakota, the memorial was designed by renowned sculptor, Gutzon Borglum who also gave oversight of the construction along with his son Lincoln. It depicts four U.S. Presidents – Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Theodore Roosevelt. ( Larry Wilson)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/61106
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • Project Code: TcCw6EJ7
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Various) : n/a
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 12
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known): 1948
      • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
      ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Art, Design & Architecture

Keywords that describe the book: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, national park service, gutzon borglum, lincoln gutzon borglum, doane robinson, rupert hughes, joseph p. connolly, south dakota, black hills, wind cave national park, jewel cave national monument, devils tower national monument

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of Mount Rushmore National Memorial. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Mount Rushmore National Memorial, by Various. [Section Title] by {Author name if given]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Section [Number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, by Various. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      mountrushmore_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mountrushmore_01_various_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: philchenevert
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Larry. I will set this up for you.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

philchenevert wrote: December 4th, 2020, 8:20 pm Hi Larry. I will set this up for you.
Thank you so much, Phil.
Don't forget to put yourself in as MC :wink:

I don't know if we need to add the authors of the credited articles, but I can provide information on several of them if they should be added to the database.

MW is populated so we are ready for readers.

A DPL WOULD BE MOST WELCOME!
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Could I have Section 2 The Mighty Works of Borglum?

Thanks,

M
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi,

Please excuse me if I am jumping in too soon, before you go live in readers wanted. I would like to read section 6 on the Hall of Records if that would be okay. I have always had a huge fascination for that part of the mountain. And I'm sorry if this is too soon to post my message. Just let me know and I can post again when you go live. :mrgreen:
I'm pretty new and I don't know if this is an etiquette blunder, but I sometimes I have to learn the hard way. :roll:

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
paigepuglise

Post by paigepuglise »

Hello,
I would like to claim section 3 (from the beginning), This is my first time recording and I would like to be called bluetail23.
Thank you, bluetail23!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: December 5th, 2020, 12:57 pm Could I have Section 2 The Mighty Works of Borglum?

Thanks,

M
Glad to have you!
You are in.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PSHarvey106 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:13 pm Hi,

Please excuse me if I am jumping in too soon, before you go live in readers wanted. I would like to read section 6 on the Hall of Records if that would be okay. I have always had a huge fascination for that part of the mountain. And I'm sorry if this is too soon to post my message. Just let me know and I can post again when you go live. :mrgreen:
I'm pretty new and I don't know if this is an etiquette blunder, but I sometimes I have to learn the hard way. :roll:

Thanks,
Paul
Not a problem!
Once the MW is set up, we are ready for readers.
Our MC needs to put in his info for uploads, but other than that, we're good to go.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

paigepuglise wrote: December 5th, 2020, 10:00 pm Hello,
I would like to claim section 3 (from the beginning), This is my first time recording and I would like to be called bluetail23.
Thank you, bluetail23!
'Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, you are free to record for this project. Just a caution -- this is a fairly long section for your first recording. So if you want to do something shorter to test the waters, feel free. I'll put you in ofr this for now. Let me know if you have any questions.
~ Larry
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Our MC needs to put in his info for uploads, but other than that, we're good to go.
Whoops! :shock: Thanks Larry.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

This looks interesting, may I read #7?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Marya999 wrote: December 6th, 2020, 4:07 pm This looks interesting, may I read #7?
Thank you!
You are in for this section.
~ Larry
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi,

Here is section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/mountrushmore_06_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 8:31)

It's fun to learn so much new information. :idea:

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PSHarvey106 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 8:24 pm Hi,

Here is section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/mountrushmore_06_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 8:31)

It's fun to learn so much new information. :idea:

Thanks,
Paul
Thank you!
This is Ready for PL.

Still hoping for a DPL for this little project.

Yes, LV is a real leaning experience. My horizons have been expanded immensely. :)
~ Larry
ElBee

Post by ElBee »

Can I snag sections 4 and 5 plz.

Thanks

-LB