COMPLETE[PLAY]The Perjur'd Husband by Centlivre - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Perjur'd Husband, or The Adventures of Venice by Susannah Centlivre (1680 - 1723).

Centlivre's first play: a tragedy. Star-crossed lovers, one married and the other betrothed elsewhere. Secret letters gone astray, gender changing disguises, climax at masked ball.
( ToddHW)
  • Ah, Venice. Canals, cabals, masked balls, flaming passions; gondolas and piazzas and swirling intrigue all about.

Your guide and DPL will be the beautiful amorously-driven but sharp-tongued Lady Pizalta, played by our own Kitty. Mind what you say and watch your back!

Gender neutral, of course!

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page at: https://librivox.org/the-perjurd-husband-or-the-adventures-of-venice-by-susannah-centlivre/

1. Is there a deadline?
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/38931
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • Project Code: IfaAuLZB
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Susannah Centlivre) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanna_Centlivre
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 51
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known): 1700
        ============================================

Genres for the project: Plays/Drama/Tragedy

Keywords that describe the book: venice, star crossed lovers

============================================
      • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
        Channels: 1 (Mono)
        Bit Rate: 128 kbps
        Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
      • Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
        [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#] of The Perjur'd Husband, or The Adventures of Venice, by Susannah Centlivre. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
      • AFTER recording
        Save files as 128 kbps MP3
        perjurdhusband_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the act number.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
        • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
          (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
        • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: toddhw
        • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
        • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
        Please post below
      Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lady Pizalta checking in as DPL :) Let the fun begin

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Armando please!
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Lord Pizalto, please?

Many thanks!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Todd,

Might I try Alonzo? This really sounds like fun.

Just wondering, do you want any kind of accent or anything for him?

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I very honestly leave choice of accents and characterizations in ANY part up to the reader. One of the key pleasures of running a play here at Librivox is finding out what the various readers have decided is right. Usually some unexpected things, and always different from how t I had originally pictured the play on stage myself. So that the completed play is not my vision of what should be, but a truly new and exciting collaborative creation.

Thanks, Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I am up for a bit of womaning with Forella. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Womanize away!

Thanks, Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

ToddHW wrote: December 12th, 2020, 4:51 am I very honestly leave choice of accents and characterizations in ANY part up to the reader. One of the key pleasures of running a play here at Librivox is finding out what the various readers have decided is right. Usually some unexpected things, and always different from how t I had originally pictured the play on stage myself. So that the completed play is not my vision of what should be, but a truly new and exciting collaborative creation.

Thanks, Todd
I hope you like my 'surprise'. :mrgreen:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ohoh. A warning. I tremble....

Thanks, Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne