[COMPLETE] Love Stories Volume 3-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Love Stories Volume 3.
Here are 20 more love stories under an hour each, covering all kinds of experiences involving romance or other kinds of love resulting in heartbreak or happiness -- where the heart overflows with passion, pride, emotion or wonder. ( ~ Michele Fry)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/love-stories-volume-3-by-various/
  1. There is no need to preclaim. Just record and submit a story (no poems please) with the requested information (see green text below).
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Once your story is submitted, please be on the lookout for your Proof Listeners notes, which if changes are required must be attended to for your story to be included in the catalog.
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.[/b]

Level of prooflistening: standard (I will follow along with the text.)
    Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ for what Standard means!

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Keywords that describe the book: romance, short stories, love
    ============================================
  4. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  5. DURING recording:
    Between 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

INTRO (start of recording)
    • "Story Title by Author, read/recorded for Love Stories Volume 3 by (your name, location, web address, date, etc. if desired) (for stories 8 minutes or less, you may used the shortened disclaimer "This Librivox recording is in the public domain". Otherwise say "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      then say:
      "Title, Author, then read the story"

OUTRO (end of recording)
    • End of Title, by Author
      There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  6. Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
  7. Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    lovestories3_title_authorslastname_readersinitials_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. lovestories3_songofblackbirds_dunsany_mtf_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  8. Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001

If the upload doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page
  9. When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it and paste in this thread along with the following information:
    Link to uploaded file and File Length in mm:ss
    Name of your story
    Author (birth year - death year)
    Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
    Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)
  10. If it is your first submission, please state how you would like your name to appear in the catalog (username, real name, other).
Any questions?
Please post below[/list]

BC: Michele Fry (msfry)
MC: alg1001 Amy
DPL: Michele Fry and others
Cover: Michele Fry
Last edited by msfry on October 23rd, 2020, 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay, Michele, I will MC this for you. I hope it won't be a heartbreaking experience. :lol:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. I look forward to listening!
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:32 pm
Is this the same author? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valery_Bryusov
Yep, that's the guy. Looks like he wrote HIS stories between translating every other author's works under the sun. It appears in his collection of short stories: "THE REPUBLIC OF THE SOUTHERN CROSS". Might be some other stories there for other people to check out.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

williamjones wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:57 pm
msfry wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:32 pm
Is this the same author? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valery_Bryusov
Yep, that's the guy. Looks like he wrote HIS stories between translating every other author's works under the sun. It appears in his collection of short stories: "THE REPUBLIC OF THE SOUTHERN CROSS". Might be some other stories there for other people to check out.
Coincidentally, I submitted another story of his in the Dreams Collection 2 thread a few days ago.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I saw that, Scarbro. I was wondering if Bill found his story via your link. That's a good way to discover things.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Nope. I wasn't sharp enough to see the the entry in the Dreams collection. I just stumbled across it.
Last edited by williamjones on May 31st, 2020, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:14 pm Nope. I wasn't sharp enough to the the entry in the Dreams collection. I just stumbled across it.
Maybe it's a sign!!!!! Well, both of you, is there another Love story, or maybe a Dreams story, or maybe something about Hobbies in there that would be another interesting listen?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I think his collections are a rich vein of material.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes For Herself or For Another

Some vacation!

9:14 Passer, and "Je ne vous connais pas." Pronounce "pass-'ay" and "cone-ay 'pa" (you said you want to pronounce your French correctly)
18:45 all of Basmanof's most holy recollections. most is missing (which seems important here for the intensity intended)
20:51 How can I know where you are real? you say who
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uplloaded my side of the duet version of Rousseau Julie the new Heloise

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_julienewheloise_rousseau_waj_128kb.mp3 19:13
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison