[COMPLETE] Epistle to the Romans (YLT) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 12:11 pm

Epistle to the Romans by Young's Literal Translation ( - ).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/romans-youngs-literal-translation/
The Epistle to the Romans is the sixth book in the New Testament, written by Paul to the believers in Rome. It is perhaps the best epistle for outlining the basic foundations of Christian faith, from man's depravity and need for a savior, to salvation given through faith in Christ, to how believers should live in consequence of such a salvation. ( TriciaG)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n714/mode/1up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): wordperfect-ish

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section[number] of Epistle to the Romans. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Epistle to the Romans, Young's Literal Translation. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "SEction [number] of Epistle to the Romans, Young's Literal Translation. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Epistle to the Romans, Young's Literal Translation. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename romans_##_ylt_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. romans_01_ylt_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Hatfields & McCoys: An American Vendetta

KevinS

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Allocation of the chapters will be: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 78, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16.

lomond will likely serve as DPL---and splendidly as always---but we'll have to wait for him to chime in.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 12:25 pm

I thought you were going to do a gospel next?

(I had it in the back of my mind to solo Romans, but will cede that idea if you really want to BC this.)

lomond

Post by lomond » March 20th, 2020, 12:35 pm

KevinS wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Allocation of the chapters will be: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 78, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16.

lomond will likely serve as DPL---and splendidly as always---but we'll have to wait for him to chime in.
Greetings -

Lomond is chiming in and is ready to DPL.

He is currently engaged in some serious isolated urban archaeology...that is a fancy term for going through things that have been in storage for who knows how long and wondering why he should keep any of it. :) :)

Lomond

KevinS

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 12:45 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:25 pm
I thought you were going to do a gospel next?

(I had it in the back of my mind to solo Romans, but will cede that idea if you really want to BC this.)
That would be fine with me! Let's withdraw this and I'll set up John's gospel instead. I think---hope---lomond will be fine with that.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 1:12 pm

I've edited the first post to the solo template.

Lomond - you still with me? 8-)

lomond

Post by lomond » March 20th, 2020, 1:41 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:12 pm
I've edited the first post to the solo template.

Lomond - you still with me? 8-)
Greetings -

Fair lady, why would I ever desert you? The whole idea is an utter abomination!

DPL reporting for duty.

Lomond

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Ha ha - thanks!

If you have nothing else to do, section 1 is up. (More will probably not come until next week.)

lomond

Post by lomond » March 21st, 2020, 9:04 am

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 2:12 pm

If you have nothing else to do, section 1 is up. (More will probably not come until next week.)
Greetings -

Just a couple of notes on Section 1:

TIME: 07:40 TEXT: "dost approve the distinctions, being instructed out of the law," Reading has "having" instead of "being"

TIME: 08:53 TEXT: "and the uncircumcision, by nature," Reading has "circumcision" instead of "uncircumcision"

You almost made it through the circumcision/uncircumcision verses correctly. :-) Aren't you glad it wasn't the Greek word "akrobustia"?

Lomond

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 21st, 2020, 9:47 am

You almost made it through the circumcision/uncircumcision verses correctly. :-) Aren't you glad it wasn't the Greek word "akrobustia"?
Depends! What is the UN-circumcision in Greek? If they're different enough, it would have been easier! :lol:

Edited version uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/epistletotheromans_01_ylt_128kb.mp3

Section 2 will be up soon-ish. Gotta reboot my computer for an unrelated reason before I upload it. :)

EDIT: 2 is up: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/epistletotheromans_02_ylt_128kb.mp3

lomond

Post by lomond » March 21st, 2020, 1:58 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:47 am
Depends! What is the UN-circumcision in Greek? If they're different enough, it would have been easier! :lol:
Greetings -

Not wanting to get in to a big discussion on Greek, suffice it to say that akrobustia refers to the uncircumcised and peritome to the circumcised.

You're right; it would have been easier.

Lomond

lomond

Post by lomond » March 22nd, 2020, 10:04 am

Greetings -

Welcome to a new week of isolation!

Section 2 has just one possible spot of concern:

TIME: 03:22 TEXT: "he boasting? it was excluded; by what law?" Reading has "it is excluded".

Lomond

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 22nd, 2020, 12:57 pm

Fixed. I added a fraction of a second to the front of the recording, so the edit may be closer to 3:20/3:21. :)

Two more sections up! Take your time...

lomond

Post by lomond » March 23rd, 2020, 9:54 am

Greetings -

Section 3 has one of those small imperfections that I let the reader decide if a change is necessary.

TIME: 03:58 TEXT: "as many as were baptized to Christ Jesus, to" Reading has "baptized into Christ"

Otherwise, PL OK.

Lomond

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 23rd, 2020, 9:56 am

That's what happens when you're familiar with the passage in another translation, I guess. :)

I'm going to let it go.