This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-junior-classics-volume-10-part-2-poems-old-and-new-by-william-patten/
The order of the poems have been arranged according to age from first through eight grade. Grades I – IV are contained in part 1. The collection of poems in part 2 begins with Grade V and Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard by Thomas Gray. Grade VI begins with The Barefoot Boy by John G. Whittier. Grade VII begins with Ye Mariners of England by Thomas Campbell. Grade VIII begins with The Rhodora, On Being Asked, "Whence is the Flower" by Ralph W. Emerson. (Linette G)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015083431802&view=1up&seq=15
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard linny will be DPL
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Poetry
Keywords that describe the book:
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
Less than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
- "[Poem Title by Author (as in the MW)] from The Junior Classics Volume 10, part 2: Poems Old and New, read for LibriVox Dot org.
- If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Please be careful. The page headings can be deceiving. Often your poem will end on the next page where another title begins. The page header will be the name of the next poem.
END of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of Poem. This recording is in the public domain."
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The Junior Classics Volume 10, part 2: Poems Old and New, compiled by William Patten. "
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
juniorclassicsvol10b_###_patten_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ### is the section number (e.g. juniorclassicsvol10b_001_patten_128kb.mp3)
- Example ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: