[COMPLETE] St. George and St. Michael, vol 3 by MacDonald -ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

St. George and St. Michael, Volume 3 by George MacDonald (1824 - 1905).

’St. George and St. Michael’ is a little-known historical romance telling the story of a young couple who find themselves on opposing sides during the tumultuous years of the English Civil Wars. Volume 3 completes the series.

Tensions are rising between king and parliament, the Church of England and the numerous independent puritans, and rumours abound that Charles I will soon declare open war on the dissident elements within his realm. Seventeen-year-old Dorothy Vaughan knows little of the brewing conflict, yet is sure that her loyalty must be with her king and her nation. When she challenges her childhood friend, Richard Heywood, to prove himself a man and so worthy of winning her hand in marriage by becoming involved in the larger events that surround them, he finds that his convictions – both political and spiritual – lie with his father’s and the puritans. Determined to do what he believes is right, Richard finds that he cannot shake his immovable conscience, even for the woman he loves.

Though it is, for the most part, a realistic novel, ‘St. George and St. Michael’ is not without either the otherwordly atmosphere of the fantastic or the rich spiritual depth that characterizes so much of MacDonald’s writing. (Jordan)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/st-george-and-st-michael-volume-3-by-george-macdonald/
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5752
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard Linny will DPL

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      Less than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of St. George and St. Michael, Volume 3. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "St. George and St. Michael, Volume 3, by George MacDonald. [Chapter Title]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of St. George and St. Michael, Volume 3, by George MacDonald. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      stgeorgeandstmichael3_##_macdonald_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section (not chapter) number (e.g. stgeorgeandstmichael3_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by linny on April 11th, 2020, 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Replaced by MW
Last edited by linny on October 23rd, 2019, 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 39, please.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:33 am Chapter 39, please.
Done! Thank you for getting us started. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Linny,
I will MC this for you. Off to Readers Wanted.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
linny

Post by linny »

Wow that was fast! Thank you Amy. :D
linny

Post by linny »

PL OK!

Did you ever see the children's movie "Pig"? I just wanted to say "good pig" to Bishop. :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:35 am
PL OK!

Did you ever see the children's movie "Pig"? I just wanted to say "good pig" to Bishop. :lol:
Just say, "Good Kevin." It's much the same thing, and will give me confidence.
linny

Post by linny »

:lol:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello,
I am claiming Chapter 57 – The Skeleton, if no one else has before me.
April
linny

Post by linny »

April,
Thank you for the claim. It’s all yours. I’ll update the MW in the morning when I’m back on my computer.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello may I also read section 13; Chapter 51 – Under the Moat
as well as section 14; Chapter 52 – The Untoothsome Plum.
April
linny

Post by linny »

adr6090 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 5:31 pm Hello may I also read section 13; Chapter 51 – Under the Moat
as well as section 14; Chapter 52 – The Untoothsome Plum.
April
Yes! Thank you for the extra claims. :D
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

CLAIM 7, 8, AND 9 PLEASE.
Signature: KATHLEEN