SOLO - Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe by John Robison

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
jsnsnk

Post by jsnsnk » October 8th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the secret meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities, by John Robison (1739 - 1805).

( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/47605
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

[MW]xxxx[/MW]
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History /Early Modern

Keywords that describe the book: french revolution, conspiracy, illuminati, free masons

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the Secret Meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities,. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the Secret Meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities,, by John Robison. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the Secret Meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities, by John Robison. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the Secret Meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities,, by John Robison. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename proofsofaconspiracyagainstallthereligionsandgovernmentsofeuropecarriedoninthesecretmeetingsoffreemasonsilluminatiandreadingsocietiescollectedfromgoodauthorities_##_robison_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. proofsofaconspiracyagainstallthereligionsandgovernmentsofeuropecarriedoninthesecretmeetingsoffreemasonsilluminatiandreadingsocietiescollectedfromgoodauthorities_01_robison_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: John Robison
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the Secret Meetings of Free Masons, Illuminati and Reading Societies, collected from good authorities,

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: yy - yyyyy
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 10th, 2019, 3:22 pm

There are things you need to know before setting up a Solo, which is why we strongly suggest you read something from readers wanted first so you have some ideas about what works.
This would not be an easy read first up although it has 5 chapters. The first chapter is 18200 words long, which means you will need more than 5 sections. Even split in 2, each part of chapter 1 will be about 1 hour of finished recording, which including editing that hour becomes at minimum 3-4 hours. So unless you have done a lot of recording I'd suggest you waited a bit. The book is obviously important to you so I'm confident you want it to be listened to.

Anne

jsnsnk

Post by jsnsnk » October 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm

the book isn't particularly important to me.. i mean it's poorly written & contains misinformation.. ive just been on a bit of a conspiracy kick of late & it has been cited as an originator of modern day conspiracy theory so i thought'd be interesting to read as i have a bit of time on my hands..

i have already recorded & edited the letter & introduction & chapter 1 (unedited). i was aware the chapters are monstrous but assumed that'd be discussed with whoever was overseeing it.. other questions i had were re the lengthy Latin passage & how strict pronounciation of non english words ought be

i dont mind if you think i should record some other short text first, or i could upload the edited intro & see if it's ok.. either way im not too fussed :)

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 11th, 2019, 2:36 pm

I'd have thought there were conspiracy theories since "The woman tempted me and I did sin " :D
I don't have time to spend on teaching you everything you'll need to make this work, maybe someone else will.

Anne

jsnsnk

Post by jsnsnk » October 12th, 2019, 5:16 am

hah true that..

fair enough, no problem anne..

this book is a bit of a slog on top of me being a noob so more than understand, however, if anyone is mad enough to take me up on it i do feel motivated enough and i think my edits are decent enough to get thru it, in the mean time i will look for other things and might bump this again in the not too distant future..

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 16th, 2019, 7:59 am

Moving this to Book Suggestions for now, to keep the Launch Pad tidy. When you feel you're ready to take this on, post in the thread, and an admin will move it back to the Launch Pad for you. :)